All-Star How Competetive Are College Cheer Try Outs Getting?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think people are also not factoring in whether college is worth it or not period.

College is the new high school, yet most tuition is exorbitant. People are killing themselves to get a decent education that usually is less-than-decent (unless you're going for a very specific program and go hard). It's all fine and good to have memories and fun times, but those don't pay the bills when the man comes for ya (and oh, does he show up quick).

Trust me, I don't know how you'll feel about that $100,000 cheer career once it's time for student loans and you can't afford a place to live and you realize more than likely your degree doesn't even get you a job in your field. I'm going to guess it doesn't feel too good.

I think people are also not factoring in whether college is worth it or not period.

College is the new high school, yet most tuition is exorbitant. People are killing themselves to get a decent education that usually is less-than-decent (unless you're going for a very specific program and go hard). It's all fine and good to have memories and fun times, but those don't pay the bills when the man comes for ya (and oh, does he show up quick).

Trust me, I don't know how you'll feel about that $100,000 cheer career once it's time for student loans and you can't afford a place to live and you realize more than likely your degree doesn't even get you a job in your field. I'm going to guess it doesn't feel too good.

:shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy:

It really depends on your major. I am a school teacher. I went to Texas A&M. I work with teachers who went to all different colleges: Sam Houston, Texas tech, UT, SMU, etc. We all make the same pay. The most valuable lessons I learned for my job was from my student teaching. I was blessed to be assigned to work with a great teacher.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It really depends on your major. I am a school teacher. I went to Texas A&M. I work with teachers who went to all different colleges: Sam Houston, Texas tech, UT, SMU, etc. We all make the same pay. The most valuable lessons I learned for my job was from my student teaching. I was blessed to be assigned to work with a great teacher.

I went for acting, so I'm one to talk. However- I got boatloads of grants/scholarships, and I have a quarter of the repayments compared to my sister who went to school for a 'more respectable' major (health care administration). And since I fought tooth and nail and graduated Magna Cum Laude, my parents didn't fuss too much over me.

Still, though. I often wonder if my sister could do it all again, if she might have chosen a different school/one with better scholarship options. It's why my brother's at a state school.

When I started college I had it narrowed down to nursing, teacher, or psychologist. I went to Texas A&M because I I come from a long line of Aggies and the University has a great reputation. All the teachers I know agree our most valuable learning came from student teaching and our first year of teaching. There are some things books just can't teach you.

I went for acting, so I'm one to talk. However- I got boatloads of grants/scholarships, and I have a quarter of the repayments compared to my sister who went to school for a 'more respectable' major (health care administration). And since I fought tooth and nail and graduated Magna Cum Laude, my parents didn't fuss too much over me.

Still, though. I often wonder if my sister could do it all again, if she might have chosen a different school/one with better scholarship options. It's why my brother's at a state school.

I am a big proponent of ROI on a school. If going there isn't going to pay that well after you leave, why not consider a different option?

I MADE MY COLLEGE CHEER TEAM!!! I actually burst into tears when I found out haha

Yay! I was just going to tag you, I saw on twitter that the results had been sent out. I'm so happy for you! My 4 years cheering at UMass were amazing!! The cage will own you!

Let me be the first to tell you that Sallie Mae does not show up like "oh well, you owe $65,000 and have no job prospects but you got 3 NCA jackets from your dream cheer school so we'll call it even."

Sallie wants her money.

When you interview for a job they will look at the College you attended, but that alone usually won't get you the job. They also look at your grades, work experience, leadership roles, references, how we'll you interview, etc.

Latest posts

Back