How Far Do You/would You Drive To Your Gym??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CheerMom828

Cheer Parent
Aug 6, 2011
I'm really just curious how far you drive to take your CP (or yourself) to practice? Or how far would you drive to get to the best gym around? I, of course, want to send my CP to the best gym in our area, but that particular gym is a 40 minute drive away, and we literally pass 2 other gyms to get to it. I'm totally willing to do it (even though gas costs a fortune! ugh!), but I'm wondering if thats normal, or kind of extreme??

I drive an hour to 2 hours, depending on traffic, to our gym. Front door to front door, with no traffic, is one hour though. I've had it take up to 3 hours on a Friday (thank God we don't practice then anymore), but I would NEVER do that regularly.

When I went to the gym you're wanting to go to I drove about 3 minutes. :D But they're well worth a 40 minute drive.

I'm really just curious how far you drive to take your CP (or yourself) to practice? Or how far would you drive to get to the best gym around? I, of course, want to send my CP to the best gym in our area, but that particular gym is a 40 minute drive away, and we literally pass 2 other gyms to get to it. I'm totally willing to do it (even though gas costs a fortune! ugh!), but I'm wondering if thats normal, or kind of extreme??
I think 40 minutes is worth the drive to go to the best gym in the area. The things we do for our children and cheer;)

Our gym is a 10 minute drive freeway to freeway. If I could afford the gas and we made that decision to switch gyms it would be a 40 minute drive. I believe it's worth it if your child is getting what they need out of it.

There is a program about 20 minutes from me but we drive about 1 hour and 15 minutes to my cp's gym. I really love her gym though and I dont think I would switch unless something AMAZING opened really close. Like within 20-30 minute range. I mean REALLY AMAZING haha.

It depends on how you feel about driving. I drive 90 mins to my cp's gym. There is 2 gyms that are like 10 mins away from me. There are 3 gyms that are about 45-60 mins away from me. Then there is ours.

I love the people at our gym so we had stayed there. There is a really really really great gym closer (PrimeTyme) but I just couldn't make the move! So it all depends on your preference. I don't mind driving at all and if you don't 40 mins ain't nothing!

Good luck on whatever you decide!

I say all that but this is the last week at our gym because we are moving to San Antonio on Monday; but when I get there my drive will be much shorter to her new gym! So yay:)

If I could spare the time in the car, and my daughter promised to do her homework in the car, I'd drive an hour. But then again, my current gym is 10 minutes away. I spent five years before that driving 25 minutes each way.

Back