OT How Long Would Your Commute Be To Closest Big Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

notyourcheermom

Cheer Parent
Aug 7, 2011
All this big gym, and leaving for big gym or well known program that usually has a truly competitive, true shot at Worlds team. Just curious. What would your commute time be?
I figured a few out. Brandon 3.40 hours
Top Gun 5.39 hours
Rockstar 5.54
ATL gyms 6.30
CEA 7.13

*** I have complete faith in coaches at our gym, in my just a cheer mom's opinion they are turning out solid teams with skills, but I am getting the feeling that everyone thinks there is a big gym in like an hour or two drive, not true. I think my husband would question my sanity if I said I was going to commute CP 7 hours trip time twice a week. I guess never say never.

Traffic thru Orlando to get to Brandon would be awful, too.

The closest large gym (more than 200 athletes) is 45 minutes away. The closest gym that has placed top 3 in any of the Senior divisions since 2010 (results are as far back as I could find quickly) would be World Cup, which would be 5 hours without traffic (I am thinking 7 hours realistically).

Green Bay Elite
Home-about two hours
At school- 20 mins

Heat Athletics
Home- 30 mins
School- 2 hour 30 mins

Doesn't really matter anyway since I aged out and neither gym has an international worlds team!

All this big gym, and leaving for big gym or well known program that usually has a truly competitive, true shot at Worlds team. Just curious. What would your commute time be?
I figured a few out. Brandon 3.40 hours
Top Gun 5.39 hours
Rockstar 5.54
ATL gyms 6.30
CEA 7.13

*** I have complete faith in coaches at our gym, in my just a cheer mom's opinion they are turning out solid teams with skills, but I am getting the feeling that everyone thinks there is a big gym in like an hour or two drive, not true. I think my husband would question my sanity if I said I was going to commute CP 7 hours trip time twice a week. I guess never say never.

Traffic thru Orlando to get to Brandon would be awful, too.

What about Orlando Allstars? I think they're a decent gym that could have a shot at worlds.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

The closest mega gym is Maryland Twisters which is about 1.5 hours without traffic, so probably like 2.5 hours with traffic. Cheer Tyme Chantilly and All Star Legacy are about 30 minutes from me though.

POWER Modesto - 20 min
POWER Sacramento - 1 hour 30 min
CA Allstars Livermore - 1 hour
Cheergyms.com Concord - 1 hour 20 min
PCM Corona - 5 hours 30 min
CheerForce Simi Valley - 4 hours 53 mins

(This is all without considering traffic...)

What about Orlando Allstars? I think they're a decent gym that could have a shot at worlds.

Not interested in anywhere other than where CP is, but just looking further into the big gym feeder theory. You are a very lucky girl to live 28 mins to CEA in my opinion. Whenever CP sees SE she asks where are they again and they're too far for us to go? I really do think our coach is doing a very good job, but I knew enough to open my eyes and look around for what I was seeing teams here on the boards doing a year ago when agonizing over a gym switch, the first gym CP was with is not to the same level, imo, and I was impressed a year ago when CP started at new gym and still very impressed. It has been a happy thing and solid skills progression, etc. I also feel with the skills and the way she has been coached there, she would be welcome and hold her own one day if we looked into the crazy commute, but I really, really plan on never going that route. We drive 45 mins each way now but it takes 45 mins to get anywhere in this town.

Not interested in anywhere other than where CP is, but just looking further into the big gym feeder theory. You are a very lucky girl to live 28 mins to CEA in my opinion. Whenever CP sees SE she asks where are they again and they're too far for us to go? I really do think our coach is doing a very good job, but I knew enough to open my eyes and look around for what I was seeing teams here on the boards doing a year ago when agonizing over a gym switch, the first gym CP was with is not to the same level, imo, and I was impressed a year ago when CP started at new gym and still very impressed. It has been a happy thing and solid skills progression, etc. I also feel with the skills and the way she has been coached there, she would be welcome and hold her own one day if we looked into the crazy commute, but I really, really plan on never going that route. We drive 45 mins each way now but it takes 45 mins to get anywhere in this town.

Thank you :) yet I've never been to any of their showcases... My family is impressed when they hear that a gym for Kernersville won the major competition. They don't understand that not everyone there lives in Kville.

That's good for her that her new gym is working out well :) I used to go to a gymnastics gym for tumbling near my old house (in which I lived even closer to CEA) and it did not work out. They had me throw tumbling with a spot and never told me how to improve it. I went to cheer open gyms at my new school (after not tumbling in a year) and in one day I was already close to getting my BHS just from the coaches and seniors tips so I understand her feelings on that.

Back