How Many Body Positions Do You Need To Pull To Max Out In One Legs And Pyramid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 27, 2015
We just finished our stunt camp and they gave us one body position in one legs and 3 in pyramid. (body positions as in heel stretch, scorpion, scale, arabesque) and I was wanting to make sure that's enough to max out for both pyramid and one legs. If we need more we can add, but I would like to know now before we do choreography and then get our music so we can change it beforehand. Thanks!!

Is this for a high school team or all-star? And can you provide more detail about what you are doing in your one-leg stunt sequence? For pyramid, it sounds like that might be okay since you only need 2 or 3 "pictures" and that would be the 3 body positions you are doing in pyramid.

Some companies specific how many positions to pull and some don't care. For most scoresheets, it's more about the transitional elements that get you to the body position over just staying on the same leg and switching between body positions. (So if you do an opposite lib tick-tock to 'besque, that will score better than just doing a stretch, turn, 'besque). If you have lots of difficult transitional elements, you might not need lots of different body positions.

Depends on the scoresheet. I know the one that is being widely used by Varsity, Jam Brands, Epic, etc., doesn't require any body positions at all to get in the high range unless it's a level appropriate skill, then it counts towards that. In pyramids you only need two "structures" (i.e. hitch pyramid, stretch pyramid, etc).

Back