High School How Many Cheer Teams Does Your School Have?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my new school has JV football, JV basketball, Competitive, V Football, V Basketball, Wrestling, & Freshman. I don't think they are all diff girls but they categorize them differently on the website (it'll be my 1st year there once summer is over)

We have 2. Basketball cheer and football cheer (which we coop with another team). I go to a really small school.:rolleyes:

Technically 7. We have freshman fb and freshman bb which cheers all freshman home games and varsity homecoming and rivalry game, jv fb and jv bb which cheers all jv home games and all varsity home games, varsity fb and varsity bb which cheers all games, and competition, which competes 2 times a year (3 if we qualify).

my school has 3 teams: JV, Varsity Cheer, and Varsity Song
JV is for freshmen and sophomores
Song if for soph, juniors, and seniors
and Var is for juniors and seniors
Varsity Cheer and Song both cheer at the varsity football and basketball games
JV cheers for freshmen and JV and we stay home no matter what b/c when our freshmen football/basketball boys our home our JV boys are away and vice versa gets kind of lame but oh well :/

private h/s 4 main teams.
The comp teams are made up from the JV/Varsity teams. The varsity comp teams are made up from the best of varsity team members, with the rest placed on the JV comp teams (this can include seniors).

JV Cheer (JV/Frosh football and Basketball home games split between cheer/song)
JV Song (JV/Frosh football and Basketball home games split between cheer/song)
Varsity Cheer and Varsity Song: (All Varsity football (home/away) and Basketball home/away league games are split between cheer and song)
Varsity Song (Varsity football (home/away) and Basketball home/away league games are split between cheer and song)
Compitition JV teams (song/cheer -competes 4 times)
Competition Varsity teams (song/cheer) competes 7~8 times with 1 trip to UCA/UDA in Florida).

This year we have 65 team members.

just a Varsity.
and we're a private school so we only cheer for basketball because we dont have a football team

One. Varsity which is usually about 20 girls.. We take our competition 13 girls and 2 alternates from that group. Then we all cheer all of the basketball and football games !

We have 6.
During the fall (for football season), we have Varsity, JV, and Freshman. During the winter we have a Varsity competitive team who cheers at some basketball games, a JV competitive team, and a JV basketball sideline cheer team.

JV Football- (Sophomores & Starting 2011, Freshman)
Varsity Football- (Juniors & Seniors)
Basketball- (All grades. Typically; Freshman & Sophomores.)

Back