Hurt My Leg?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 18, 2013
Hi,

So I have worked really hard to get my needle/spike and finally got it thanks to Gabi Butler's stretching video on youtube and and three months after...I cant pull it anymore!
Whenever I try to even do scales or a scorp, the inner top of my thigh (my hip flexor?) stops me. I used to be able to sleep in my splits but now I can only do my splits on one side (with the leg I pull in the front and the one I stand on in the back). Basically anything that moves my left leg back or sideways hurts.
I can still pull my bow and arrow and heel stretch but thats because that doesnt require for my left leg to be twisted back.
Im not sure if Im making much sense but does someone have any advice?!
I have tried to push through the pain but I literally burst into tears once my foot is shoulder height in my scales.
I was always flexible but I have no idea whats going on now...

Probably a silly question but have you asked your coach or seen a doctor? This may be nothing but its hard to really diagnose the source of a pain via the Internet.

Perhaps you've pulled a muscle?? I'd get it checked out to figure out what the problem is. I've got a tight IT band and tight soas (front of the hip) from tumbling and it always feels like my hip wants to crack. Talk to a chiropractor/massage/physio too, as they may be able to help more than a GP

Back