If Cheerleading Was Started By Men, Why Is It Such A Big Deal If They Participated In It Now?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Re
Our society is so messed up the boys are almost guaranteed being called gay. It is sad that boys are always teased for being cheerleaders. Its not fair for them.

I LOVE watching boys cheer. They have some of the best tumbling, can one man, and their jumps are perfect! I don't know why anyone would tease them or why saying they are gay is thought of as a put down. People are who they are and should just be accepted... That makes me sad.

Our society is so messed up the boys are almost guaranteed being called gay. It is sad that boys are always teased for being cheerleaders. Its not fair for them.
There are two boys on my team and its pretty obvious they aren't gay. One is dating a cheerleader that cheers allstar and the other is dating me! They both came from different sports so maybe they had a level of respect from other athletes because of it? I've never heard anything about our boys being made fun of

Re

I LOVE watching boys cheer. They have some of the best tumbling, can one man, and their jumps are perfect!
Not all can one man nor do they all have perfect jumps!

Just like their female counterparts, they are good at different things. The boys stand out more because there are fewer of them, but there are girls who can one man and some have perfect jumps too. ;)

There are two boys on my team and its pretty obvious they aren't gay. One is dating a cheerleader that cheers allstar and the other is dating me! They both came from different sports so maybe they had a level of respect from other athletes because of it? I've never heard anything about our boys being made fun of
Im not saying that any are gay, but most of the people in my school/society can be prejudice sometimes when it comes to male cheerleaders. But I'm glad your boys haven't been made fun of. Thats a step in the right direction.

Just like their female counterparts, they are good at different things. The boys stand out more because there are fewer of them, but there are girls who can one man and some have perfect jumps too. ;)
I know they all can't but most can. I have a daughter who is on level 5 all girl and I love to watch her. I am talking about the level 5 and 6 boys who are amazing.

by the way... my daughter can one man and is this season =)

Im not saying that any are gay, but most of the people in my school/society can be prejudice sometimes when it comes to male cheerleaders. But I'm glad your boys haven't been made fun of. Thats a step in the right direction.
I've seen what has been said to male cheerleaders and it makes my heart sink! I hope in the near future we are a whole sport can take a step in the right direction in terms of bullying

Back