I'm Too Late?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 31, 2014
So i wanted to start my own all star cheer program but then i didn't have time to start I'm too late start it now? If no when can i start

You want to start it for what season?

Poster is a verified Cheer Dadans has the hat to prove it

Yes I would say this year is too late as most every gym in the nation has already had team placements.

As 12step has mentioned if you are serious about starting a team/gym you need to make sure you have a business plan, a space, start up money, etc...

Do you currently work for an established program where families may follow you to your own place?

Poster is a verified Cheer Dad and has the hat to prove it

Agreed with all the above. Athletes are already on teams for 14-15. If you're serious about it you should take the season to research, study, set a business plan, figure out your finances and marketing plan for attracting athletes for the coming year. Starting a program isn't just something you decide to do in late July. (I'm assuming you're in the USA).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

this year 2014-2015
As a parent of an AS cheerleader, I will say that if you want to start a program this season and since you are getting a late start in terms of the conventional AS program... Why not look into a half-year program or only offer prep teams for this season, only performing at local and regional competitions and then look toward 2015-2016 season for a full year program and you may be able to attract cheerleader to your program with operating for at least a half year and creating a buzz for your program in the area... But it will be very important for you to have everything in place, so you build a credible reputation and attract business away from other established All-Star gyms in your area...

Yes I would say this year is too late as most every gym in the nation has already had team placements.

As 12step has mentioned if you are serious about starting a team/gym you need to make sure you have a business plan, a space, start up money, etc...

Do you currently work for an established program where families may follow you to your own place?

I'm going to coach a middle school and maybe a high school in september

As a parent of an AS cheerleader, I will say that if you want to start a program this season and since you are getting a late start in terms of the conventional AS program... Why not look into a half-year program or only offer prep teams for this season, only performing at local and regional competitions and then look toward 2015-2016 season for a full year program and you may be able to attract cheerleader to your program with operating for at least a half year and creating a buzz for your program in the area... But it will be very important for you to have everything in place, so you build a credible reputation and attract business away from other established All-Star gyms in your area...

do you think October would be too late to start a prep team

I'm going to coach a middle school and maybe a high school in september
Do you already work for a school that has a cheer squad? Super confused now. I'm assuming if your school has an existing cheer program you wouldn't be asking and of your school doesn't have a program then you should be talking to the school administrators

do you think October would be too late to start a prep team
Looking at other AS cheerleading gyms, I noticed that many of the Prep teams are looking to do tryouts around August-September and for most half-year teams like December for tryouts and start competing like in February...So if you really amp to start your new gym start small now, but think about debut of your full program next season... Many of the girls who cheer on Pop Warners' teams are completing their season or even girls who were injured during typical tryout season and missed the traditional team placements can see your program as an alternative to sitting out a whole season... Good luck with your future endeavors.

Looking at other AS cheerleading gyms, I noticed that many of the Prep teams are looking to do tryouts around August-September and for most half-year teams like December for tryouts and start competing like in February...So if you really amp to start your new gym start small now, but think about debut of your full program next season... Many of the girls who cheer on Pop Warners' teams are completing their season or even girls who were injured during typical tryout season and missed the traditional team placements can see your program as an alternative to sitting out a whole season... Good luck with your future endeavors.
OP mentioned a middle school or high school team.

Based on their other posts, I think OP is coaching a middle school team but is looking to start an all star program. I could be wrong though.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

When I read her 1st post, she mentioned wanting to start an AS Cheer program, maybe in other posts she mentioned HS/MS cheer programs, but I am pretty sure she wants to know if she was too late for AS cheer program... I am just confused as to what work has she done to prepare for this program and I will think, if she had done her own research on this matter, she should have an idea of a start-up time and what the cheer population in her area are most interested in. If she does not know the answers to these questions and embarking on a new venture, maybe she should look into working at an established AS cheer gym in her area and learn about the business before diving in and starting a AS gym.

Back