OT Independent Scotland Vote - September 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
May 12, 2012
Since its now officially 2014, its 9 months until Scotland possibly becomes independent.

To all the British people on these boards, what are your thoughts on this?
Personally, I'm pretty sure I'm voting for BetterTogether. Its too risky to go for Independence, I would say!

Your thoughts?

(P.S - hope you're all staying safe from flooding!)

I'm not really sure what it would mean or what the consequences would be either way. I don't watch the news at all because it's all just propaganda to me, but I guess it means I'm behind on genuinely important things like this! Although I am definitely excited to vote again! I've only had chance to vote once since turning 18. I'll have to do some research!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm Scottish.. I live in Scotland.. and if we end up independent, I am 100% moving away.. Noooo thank you.

@Jennie @embersglow.. neither of you can vote if you don't fall under these categories;

• British citizens resident in Scotland.
  • Qualifying Commonwealth citizens resident in Scotland. This means Commonwealth citizens who either have leave to remain in the UK or do not require such leave, and are resident in Scotland.
  • Citizens of the Republic of Ireland and other EU countries resident in Scotland.
  • Members of the House of Lords resident in Scotland.
  • Service/Crown personnel serving in the UK or overseas in the Armed Forces or with Her Majesty’s Government who are registered to vote in Scotland.

100% just curious as I have very limited knowledge of how things work across the pond, but why would you be against being independent? Again, just curious, what would that mean for Scotland?

100% just curious as I have very limited knowledge of how things work across the pond, but why would you be against being independent? Again, just curious, what would that mean for Scotland?

There is lots of uncertainty with regards to currency, politics and the EU/Nato and none of this will begin to be negotiated until after the vote has been cast.
Most being who are voting against independence are just scared of what might happen. (Including me - if its not broke don't try fix it?)
Of course there are pros to independence as well.

@howdyoulikemenow I'm in those categories - Scottish, living in Scotland :)

There is lots of uncertainty with regards to currency, politics and the EU/Nato and none of this will begin to be negotiated until after the vote has been cast.
Most being who are voting against independence are just scared of what might happen. (Including me - if its not broke don't try fix it?)
Of course there are pros to independence as well.

@howdyoulikemenow I'm in those categories - Scottish, living in Scotland :)

Pretty much what @Jennie said. I just think we'll be better staying in the union overall.

Really @Jennie?! Do you cheer? Where do you live?

Pretty much what @Jennie said. I just think we'll be better staying in the union overall.

Really @Jennie?! Do you cheer? Where do you live?

I'm from just north of Inverness but I've moved down to Dundee for uni. Not at the moment, but I'm starting again soon. Looking for teams in Dundee! Its difficult because I spend time at home and at uni so I can't always be there for practices :/

I'm from just north of Inverness but I've moved down to Dundee for uni. Not at the moment, but I'm starting again soon. Looking for teams in Dundee! Its difficult because I spend time at home and at uni so I can't always be there for practices :/

Ooh exciting - always good to have a Scot on the boards! Didn't know there were many of us. I'm from Glasgow

I'm Scottish.. I live in Scotland.. and if we end up independent, I am 100% moving away.. Noooo thank you.

@Jennie @embersglow.. neither of you can vote if you don't fall under these categories;

• British citizens resident in Scotland.
  • Qualifying Commonwealth citizens resident in Scotland. This means Commonwealth citizens who either have leave to remain in the UK or do not require such leave, and are resident in Scotland.
  • Citizens of the Republic of Ireland and other EU countries resident in Scotland.
  • Members of the House of Lords resident in Scotland.
  • Service/Crown personnel serving in the UK or overseas in the Armed Forces or with Her Majesty’s Government who are registered to vote in Scotland.

I won't be voting then haha! I assumed it would be Scotland and England for some reason. Still interesting to look up though, I really have no idea about it at the moment!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back