Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2011
Ok, so we all know that our beloved sport is of the extreme kind. People do get injured, and sometimes kinda bad, unfortunately.

Is there anyone in here who've gotten badly injured? (I hope not =)

mines not that bad but i broke my ankle doing a round off....It really made me mad because I have had a round off forever I have had my RO for like 8 years.

I have a fake knee:)

When I started some comps didnt have matts XD
Oh SNAP! No mats? Omg, thats even more creepy than what we have here in Sweden - No springfloors >.< My joints are totally fail, knees, ankles, back, neck, shoulders and so on, but I've never replaced something.

baha not like the whole thing, but part of it got replaced or somt, I was little so all I really remember is my parents telling me part of my knee was fake and me telling all of my friends that I'm a cyborg;)

iv broken a rib! and a teammate of mine once broke her leg during a collision. It was during the first 30 sec. of our routine at nationals in myrtle beach and she finished the entire routine!

i have an SI problem(hip stuff lol) and this one part in my low back(sacrum) moves around sometimes and causes pain. but its getting better

iv broken a rib! and a teammate of mine once broke her leg during a collision. It was during the first 30 sec. of our routine at nationals in myrtle beach and she finished the entire routine!

Omg, we hand one of those girls in Sweden too, a few years ago. I still wonder how they manage to finish the routine with a broken leg, foot, etc. SICK!

this isent me but last year at jamfest nationals day 1 we went on floor and one of our girls landed her tuck and tore her acl, the music was stopped, we had to go backstage and put a new girl in, we have to go back on floor and finish the rutiene from the time she got hurt to the end, that night we had to put a new girl in for day 2 it was really a mess and got us all upset but we pulled through as a team.

Ive done all sorts to my joints, tissue and ligament damage, hyper extension an flexibility, knee caps in the wrong place and moving diagonally....

HOWEVER one nationals one of my friends on another squad caught a basket and her teeth were knocked out right at the start. She finished the whole routine, and then finished to pick up her front teeth in years. She's 14 now, and I didn't know her teeth were fake until I heard that story.

i've had nothing major (thank goodness) but i have had to wear a brace on both ankles, both knees, my left wrist, and i've had back problems. but that's what comes with this sport :)

Back