Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I broke my thumb my first day backspotting when my flyer came down from a double down and I was the only one to catch her...on my thumb ha. my coaches told me nothing was wrong & I competed for like 4 months that way until I finally got it checked out.

Then ya know, sprained/torn ligaments/strained wrists through the years..and now I have arthritis :/

That's kinda hardcore. We had a girl here in Sweden in a Junior squad who broke her foot in the middle of the routine at competition. You could see she was in pain, she coulnd't even walk, so she was jumping on one foot around the mat. She was hardcore though, she went up in the pyramid, danced all the way through the dance, and finished with a running tumbling pass. Then the routine ended, and she was carried of the mat by the medics. Kiiinda hardcore girl...

I loved when I would base and get cheer shoe hickeys! We wore them around like a badge of honor.

not an 'injury.' but yesterday before we went on i threw up. hhaa i felt sick that whole day. not nerves either beciase i threw up in the car on the way home, then at home.

I have a stress fracture in my foot. It's a kind of injury that never goes away, but simply gets better and than worse again. I was in a boot for two months last year. At 2010 UCA Nationals I took off my boot, went out with my team and did all my tumbling. Sometimes you can't let the pain take over. My team got 2nd that year. This year we plan on winning:)

Worst I had was breaking part (not all of my ankle)of my ankle and then being stuck in a gigantic boot all summer long because I landed funny doing a RO

i broke my hand in september doing a 3 to layout and then i got back in late november... 10 days later i was doing a roundoff hand full on rod and broke my knuckle on the growth plate... i had surgery and now im trying to get better ! hope no one gets injured like i did cause it stinks !!!
frown.png

I dislocated my elbow doing a bhs about 2 months ago - it went up and back, not the usual side dislocation. It's still not quite right, apparently it will take about 4 months til I can fully straighten it and tumble again and my high-V looks lopsided because my elbows naturally hyperextend :( But I got back in the air pretty quickly cos I'm on a co-ed team and my boy bases just toss me a little higher so I don't have to put too much pressure on my elbow loading in.

A girl on my squad broke both of her wrists at practice because she bailed out of a tuck.
DO NOT TRY TO CATCH YOURSELF WITH YOUR HANDS! She had to learn the hard way. :(

She had to wear casts past her elbows for a good while and didn't get to compete for the rest of the season.

A girl on my squad broke both of her wrists at practice because she bailed out of a tuck.
DO NOT TRY TO CATCH YOURSELF WITH YOUR HANDS! She had to learn the hard way. :(

She had to wear casts past her elbows for a good while and didn't get to compete for the rest of the season.
That would be the worst! I only had a cast for three weeks and I couldn't do the simplest things by myself, like washing my hair or using a knife and fork (I ate everything out of a bowl). That's real motivation to pull your tuck rotation tight.

7weeks ago (exactly) i tore my Gastroc Neumic muscle and strained my achilles! i should be back in july, but when it happened i had a little sting and thought nothing of it, but the next morning when i got up, i tried walking and fell straight to the floor :( I'm hoping to be back in July!

Back