Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, so we all know that our beloved sport is of the extreme kind. People do get injured, and sometimes kinda bad, unfortunately.

Is there anyone in here who've gotten badly injured? (I hope not =)

Osgoodslaughters(SP?) and 2 rolled ankles. :(

I were on my way home a few days ago and crashed with my bike thanks to the weather (we have like 1 m snow here, and a lot of ice). However, I managed to land on my bad knee, which suffers from a lot of cheer damage. I got up and realized that my knee felt better than what it have done in years.

Thats how you know you have REAL cheer damage. Every time you get injured in any "normal" way, it always feels better than it did before XD

all the worst injuries our team has had happened when they where doing totally run of the mill stuff - it's ridiculous! One girl was stretching on the floor and a guy literally walked backwards on her leg = break! Not a glamorous way to hurt yourself. Luckily worst I've had is a torn rotator cuff.

i broke my collarbone in half and was out of cheer for over 3 months and when i came back i still couldn't do everything :( and last year i broke my hand during warm ups for tumbling and i had to be rushed to the hospital and they put someones friend in for me... haha

i've had some pretty badly sprained ankles. tore all the ligaments in one without knowing it. and now i have a couple bone spurs in my left ankle where the ligaments tried to heal themselves.

and then the standard sore back, achey knees, bad wrists etc.

i just tore 3 ligaments in my ankle doing 3 to doubles and im out for 6-8 weeks
it happened a couple weeks ago
im still competing at jamfest indy just no tumbling or jumps
and im praying ill be back for dallas!

I had my front tooth knocked out by a flyer who didn't keep her elbows in after I'd stepped in to back, I also tore the ligaments in my foot which made me overcompensate with one side of my body and misaligned the SI joint too. It's been about 2 years since I've been back at full fitness because I had glandular fever from halfway through the season last year!

mines wasnt that bad when i got it, i mean, am a Caribbean boy, and in my country the sport is still developing but there was this one time i was stunting i got a hell of a kick in the face from the flier, and i tore an hamstring one, it hurt like hell i cudnt walk up right

I've had my nose broken twice by flyers who didn't keep their elbows or knees to themselves. ;)
A couple concussions, wrist repetitive strain injury, capsule injuries in two fingers, broken elbow from my attempt at a bhs, rupture of a muscle bundle in my thigh.
The worst one was probably when I fell from a thighstand (yeah, not kiddin) because a girl underneath me slipped: I tore three ligaments in my ankle, hurt a capsule and broke a bone in my foot...
confused.png

Yeah, that was about it. Being a base, I also tend to have funny imprints on my body, like this:
biggrin.png

2mrts1d.jpg

I've had my nose broken twice by flyers who didn't keep their elbows or knees to themselves. ;)
A couple concussions, wrist repetitive strain injury, capsule injuries in two fingers, broken elbow from my attempt at a bhs, rupture of a muscle bundle in my thigh.
The worst one was probably when I fell from a thighstand (yeah, not kiddin) because a girl underneath me slipped: I tore three ligaments in my ankle, hurt a capsule and broke a bone in my foot... :confused:

Yeah, that was about it. Being a base, I also tend to have funny imprints on my body, like this: :D
2mrts1d.jpg
Ouch! But...that kinda looks really cool :D hahahah what made that mark?!

Tore my Anterior Tib on left Ankle. And well rubbish wrists fromtearing ligaments there on day of Comp once. I'm lucky I aint got worse with my 'just throw anything' attitude I had a few years ago

The worst one was probably when I fell from a thighstand (yeah, not kiddin) because a girl underneath me slipped: I tore three ligaments in my ankle, hurt a capsule and broke a bone in my foot... :confused:

Yeah, that was about it. Being a base, I also tend to have funny imprints on my body, like this: :D
2mrts1d.jpg

That is the most fascinating/weird mark I've ever seen.

2mrts1d.jpg

Ha, that look like the imprint made by a Kaepa shoe! Those i make on my bases tend to look similar XD

Yep, it was a Kaepa shoe. I actually though it looked prette cool in a weird way. xD

Back