Inner Thigh Pain?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 3, 2011
I've had it here and there, but it's winter (so it's really cold) where I am and I was just trying to stretch my splits but it hurt so much I had to stop. I had warmed up for a good half hour before hand.

It's in my inner left thigh, like a really tight feeling and it prevents me from doing middle splits and left leg splits.

Does anyone have this or know of this that can tell me what it is and how to fix it?

Does it feel like a pulled muscle or tendon? Or is it in your joint? Go to a doctor and have it checked out. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I have the exact thing happen to me, except I couldn't walk it was that extreme. It's either a pulled upper quad/groin. This is caused from overworking or stretching on cold muscles.
Follow RICE: Rest, Ice (& Heat too), Compression, and Elevation.
I used a resistance band for a lot of the excecises, I would tie it to a chair leg and the other to my ankle. I would kick the effected leg forward 50x, backwards 50x, and each side 50x. Also do the butterfly, but lay down and push knees to the ground. Lunges as also great.
Main thing is ICE ICE ICE and rest and take ibuproen.
If it's only minor it should take a couple days, and can take up to several weeks.

Does it feel like a pulled muscle or tendon? Or is it in your joint? Go to a doctor and have it checked out. It's better to be safe than sorry.

It's more a muscle or tendon, I think I'll get it checked out :)

I have the exact thing happen to me, except I couldn't walk it was that extreme. It's either a pulled upper quad/groin. This is caused from overworking or stretching on cold muscles.
Follow RICE: Rest, Ice (& Heat too), Compression, and Elevation.
I used a resistance band for a lot of the excecises, I would tie it to a chair leg and the other to my ankle. I would kick the effected leg forward 50x, backwards 50x, and each side 50x. Also do the butterfly, but lay down and push knees to the ground. Lunges as also great.
Main thing is ICE ICE ICE and rest and take ibuproen.
If it's only minor it should take a couple days, and can take up to several weeks.

Oh wow you couldn't walk? That would've been so annoying! I'm definitely going to let it rest up and all that. Thank you :)

Back