Is 15 Too Late To Cheer ??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you coming from an athletic background? It seems some of the older kids who have been active in other sports have an easier time making the transition to cheer. Mine was in a sport that required lots of leg and core strength (but not much upper body strength) and she has found it much easier to do tucks than back handsprings, for example - no arms required. Stunting is more difficult for her because it requires both upper and lower body strength to base. There's also the fear factor of trying these new skills that younger kids don't have, but if you can overcome that you've already made huge leaps.

i’ve done pop warner cheer throughout middle school and haven’t cheered for about a year. I was thinking of doing all star cheer this year, my parents understand it’s a huge time/financial commitment and are very supportive but would I be able to start with only a round off, cartwheel, front limber, forward/backward roll etc. (NO BHS) ?? And how long do you think it’ll take for me to progress.. I’m a relatively fast learner do you think I’ll be able to progress a level or even 2 in a season ?? I’m pretty strong too.. is it too late for me to start all star cheer ??

I'm in Australia, so things are quite different here, but I started Cheerleading at 28! As far as I'm concerned, it's never too late ;-)

i’ve done pop warner cheer throughout middle school and haven’t cheered for about a year. I was thinking of doing all star cheer this year, my parents understand it’s a huge time/financial commitment and are very supportive but would I be able to start with only a round off, cartwheel, front limber, forward/backward roll etc. (NO BHS) ?? And how long do you think it’ll take for me to progress.. I’m a relatively fast learner do you think I’ll be able to progress a level or even 2 in a season ?? I’m pretty strong too.. is it too late for me to start all star cheer ??

I started at 15 and I’m a college cheerleader now! I’ve seen girls older than you on level 1 all star teams. You’ll be fine!

Back