All-Star Is California Allstars Going To Georgia?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CheerDadof2

Cheer Parent
May 15, 2012
If you go to this website URL - southern-cheer.com which is for Southern Cheer, a gym in Gainsville, GA - You are redirected to the California Allstars website. Curious, considering that Southern Cheer has been sold, but no one knows to who and no announcements have been made by either gym. Could it really be that California Allstars is going to open in Georgia. And how does that work being California Allstars in Georgia, when there is already a Georgia Allstars. Yeah, I know. There are California Allstars gyms in other states than California, but they are still all out west. We're talking about an East Coast state here. So... Thoughts?
:enjoyshow:

I find it kind of interesting that these big gyms that branch out and open satellites seem to be targeting areas where there are other "big gyms".

I guess they are just going where the costumers and talent are, but still. Where will they go next, North Carolina?

I find it kind of interesting that these big gyms that branch out and open satellites seem to be targeting areas where there are other "big gyms".

I guess they are just going where the costumers and talent are, but still. Where will they go next, North Carolina?
Well the other CA has already gone to NC, so I guess that wouldn't be too surprising lol

If you go to this website URL - southern-cheer.com which is for Southern Cheer, a gym in Gainsville, GA - You are redirected to the California Allstars website. Curious, considering that Southern Cheer has been sold, but no one knows to who and no announcements have been made by either gym. Could it really be that California Allstars is going to open in Georgia. And how does that work being California Allstars in Georgia, when there is already a Georgia Allstars. Yeah, I know. There are California Allstars gyms in other states than California, but they are still all out west. We're talking about an East Coast state here. So... Thoughts?
:enjoyshow:
Intersting

On a serious note that is a highly interesting location to open a gym. You can have a successful gym (meaning it is profitable) but it will be harder to have a Worlds winning caliber gym. People in Atlanta don't drive farther than an hour for something, and from say Marietta (where the largest concentration of competitive cheerleaders are) to that gym in the afternoon is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive.

On a serious note that is a highly interesting location to open a gym. You can have a successful gym (meaning it is profitable) but it will be harder to have a Worlds winning caliber gym. People in Atlanta don't drive farther than an hour for something, and from say Marietta (where the largest concentration of competitive cheerleaders are) to that gym in the afternoon is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive.

Yeah, but maybe there's some kids already driving an hour and a half the opposite way to go to Stingrays that this would only be an hour for - I honestly see this type of move as lower form of poaching as you know the ultimate result is that they are going to get people from other top gyms that may have been looking for a change for a while but couldn't leave because they wanted to be w/ a top program.

Looks like black and blue follows black and blue ;p

Seriously though, this is an interesting twist...will be interesting to see how it plays out considering the drama at their Ontario location.

Yeah, but maybe there's some kids already driving an hour and a half the opposite way to go to Stingrays that this would only be an hour for - I honestly see this type of move as lower form of poaching as you know the ultimate result is that they are going to get people from other top gyms that may have been looking for a change for a while but couldn't leave because they wanted to be w/ a top program.

Oh I am sure there are unhappy athletes everywhere, even at Rays at this moment, and also at ACE Peachtree City, Georgia, Twisters, Pro Cheer and C4 (all the ones off the top of my head that have Worlds teams and I am sure there are others). But being an Atlanta resident (anyone who lives in Georgia either considers themselves part of Atlanta or not) the traffic here is VERY odd and bad. That area does not have as many strong or devoted high schools to cheerleading so they will either have to build all (the high schools and lower levels) completely from scratch or recruit people to drive from other gyms by giving them something they feel they are not able to get at their gym. Not to mention Atlanta gyms are friggin GOOD at lower levels. Rays is good because they have to go against them a lot.

I have no idea whether this is true, but you wouldn't believe how many false "confirmed" reports we hear about our next locations.

It might be true. It is just not the strongest of locations in Atlanta that they could move. If yall wanna open down here I could tell you the areas to actually consider. (it also depends on your goals. a thriving business or one that wins worlds... WAY different markets and goals).

Back