Is Cea Over?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by DonePaying4Cheer, Feb 18, 2021.

1. icequeen

icequeen Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan

Not sure how positive I am but I think she was originally on SE and got grounded. She was a beautiful flyer.

2. KatelynB

KatelynB I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    A lot of them are scared for their reputation and the I’ve seen a lot of the people who do show their name get dms from their ex-coaches

3. DonePaying4Cheer

DonePaying4Cheer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    She won world's w/SE in 2013. She was point flyer on SE in 2015. Then won again 2018 w/SSX. She was point on YE in 2010 & won Dallas. My daughter is sitting next to me so I asked her. ;)

4. DonePaying4Cheer

DonePaying4Cheer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Apparently a coach from the Raleigh gym got into the mix. Told off a former student who barely commented... Geeze, the rabbit hole...

5. CLynn

CLynn When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This does sound similar to me as well, particularly when there really was little investigation into what sounds like actual crimes, not just tough coaching. So I guess the questions is, what happens from here? USA Today has brought some attention but barely scratched the surface. Is there a way to unite as a group to pressure USASF to do a full fledged investigation? Would law enforcement be more receptive now? I don't know the answers but that would seem a prerequisite to moving fully forward in a healthy way.

6. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think alot of athletes are promised. "that spot or that team" and dont want to loose that no matter at what cost. Shoot if Maggie can lose her Olympic spot because she said something about someone, then..................

7. SL&AM

SL&AM Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    From what I can tell the athlete was removed from the program. Her teammates though she quit so she pinned an announcement that she didn’t leave willingly.

8. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The thing I hate the most about these stories.

We talk about abuse, rape, etc. and everyone feigns outrage.

But the accused still work in the industry.

Example: A whole pervert is still producing cheer music.

Shout out to the gyms who stopped using him.

9. Kiermyc

Kiermyc They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Those weren’t her teammates. Her teammates knew she was removed from the team for posting lies on Twitter. But considering she had all this video proof of abuse at the gym, why would she want to stay anyway. And honestly it was final straw thing, she’s caused many issues including with my kid since she came. This coach truly had her back and to have her lie about her publicly. She’s also 18 and not a child. This is the issue with posting on Twitter everything is one side of the story. And I’ve seen stories I’ve witnessed with my own eyes twisted to fit the agenda. The owner being who she is had allowed her to stay on team without the skill level or proper attitude. I’m sure some people’s stories are true I have no authority to say everyone is lying, but only one side is being told and when I see stuff like this and know what actually happened it makes it harder to not side eye other stories.

10. Mamarazzi

Mamarazzi Ultimate Grand Supreme '12 Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yeah, well, this is the same coach who testified on behalf of a convicted, now-imprisoned, cheer coach during his rape/underrage liberties/whatever trial.

11. Kiermyc

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    And

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  12. Kiermyc

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Because no one is saying, this specific coach did this me on this day. That’s how accusations can equal crimes. Do we really believe the cheer world holds power of police depts. If someone was raped and has the courage to post on Twitter what reason could they possibly have for not going to the police.

13. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    And not only are there certain gyms/coaches that continued to use him, some even straight up defended his actions (two notable ones). That was the most disheartening.
    I'm slightly more lenient for this season, because I can kinda/sorta understand contracts that had already been made. Not really an excuse, but next season will be more telling.

14. oncecoolcoachnowmom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

In this case (cheer music pervert), the incident is adjudicated and he served time for it. Still working.

15. oncecoolcoachnowmom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

I believe there was one larger gym who had a contract and still refused to use (a Cali location I think?) Props.