All-Star It's Hard...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just love you all!! <3 <3 If I keep falling so in love with all of you on this board one of these days we are going to have to have a FierceboardMoms get together!! Thanks for keeping me sane... talking to people @ the gym seems to fuel the fire instead of calming it down and that is NOT what I want!

Many of us have met at major competitions throughout the years and look forward to seeing each other every season! Hope to meet you next season :). We will help you through it!

Being a little fish in a big sea instead of a big fish in a little sea...

Learning to keep my mouth shut & process things longer instead of off the cuff comments...

Turning down my momma bear "but my daughter can do it" feelings...

Have any advice...or any of your own??
Sounds like your cp is now surrounded by others with equal-ish skills. Doesn't that make for a better team? And isn't the better team what everyone really deep down inside wants?

I will say this, we are going into our 8th season of All-Stars and we have had many ups and downs. Last year was the hardest lesson I had to ever learn, and while I wouldn't trade any of the memories, I definitely take a different approach to things now. Before last season started cheerleading was way to high on the pedestal for us and when it came crashing down boy was it painful. I don't really talk to anyone anymore but I do agree that if you need to vent find someone from another state who can help keep you grounded and not only allow you to vent but also tell you when your being over dramatic or reading to far into a situation. We LOVE this sport, but could definitely live without any of the drama that seems to come with it at times. :)

Being a little fish in a big sea instead of a big fish in a little sea...

Learning to keep my mouth shut & process things longer instead of off the cuff comments...

Turning down my momma bear "but my daughter can do it" feelings...

Have any advice...or any of your own??

Would it help to not attend/view practices for a while? Maybe to focus on the end result as a whole and not so much the process, and just watch every few weeks?

Many of us have met at major competitions throughout the years and look forward to seeing each other every season! Hope to meet you next season :). We will help you through it!

Some are harder to find then others.........;) HAHAHAHA

My goal is to be easier to find this season.

Level5Mom said:
It will get better the longer she is in cheer :). Hang in there! I wish I could find that little blurb I wrote a few years back about the "stages of cheer moms"....lol.

You wrote that? It was one of THE funniest things I've ever read. Someone posted it on chalkbucket.com awhile back and I swear I had tears I was laughing so hard. Nice :)

Some are harder to find then others.........;) HAHAHAHA

My goal is to be easier to find this season.

Yes but when I did finally find you I saw you like 3 times in 3 hours haha!! Then I never saw you again the rest of the season though lol? I'm going to come find your flask.....I mean you....more this year ;).

You wrote that? It was one of THE funniest things I've ever read. Someone posted it on chalkbucket.com awhile back and I swear I had tears I was laughing so hard. Nice :)

I failed to include in that post that I was writing it from of my OWN experience with myself (just in case no one figured that out already ;) )

Too funny! I was officailly a crazy third year mom last year. This is my cp's 4th year and for whatever reason, I am honestly not nearly as frazzled this year. I am more relaxed and I know that she is going to do her job now. :) Last year was definitely the peak of my psychosis. So glad that is over! :)

Haha!! Me too me too!!

I am totally jealous of all you moms who are comfortable with your gyms and your cps place there -- I WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE!!!

I am totally jealous of all you moms who are comfortable with your gyms and your cps place there -- I WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE!!!

It just takes time. You definately will get to that place. But building relationships and trust within the program are stepping stones to getting there. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and believe in what they are doing if for no other reason then it's the only option you have at the moment. I wish you the best of luck I really do. And my offer to message me is on the table all the time. Take advantage of it if you think you need to!

Latest posts

Back