All-Star It's Official, Summit Bids At Jam Fest Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The rumor I have heard(from Disney Sources) is the contract with Tampa for D2 was only 1 year, the Summit will just become one event and include D2 categories. They will be able to run between 8-10 floors at the same time and Disney is making a significant investment in this venue and it is not to just house the existing number of teams and competitions.

The other question is will NCA be moved to Disney? NCA's FAQ on Stay to Play states that their contact with Dallas runs through 2017. Usually you would already see a renewal/extension at this point and again Disney is making a significant investment in both land and building costs.

I would be absolutely shocked if they moved NCA.

NCA might absolutely, but they are owned by our friends at Varsity so they may not be the ones making the decision. Also I would argue each competition stands on its own and it is not the venue that makes it this way.
It's my first year as a cheer mom, so I have no experience with these competitions. Are the Disney comps generally the same price, room wise etc, as other two day competitions? I know if my gym went to these events I'd be less than thrilled to have to fly to Orlando three times in as many months. But maybe that's just me;)

The rumor I have heard(from Disney Sources) is the contrNOact with Tampa for D2 was only 1 year, the Summit will just become one event and include D2 categories. They will be able to run between 8-10 floors at the same time and Disney is making a significant investment in this venue and it is not to just house the existing number of teams and competitions.

The other question is will NCA be moved to Disney? NCA's FAQ on Stay to Play states that their contact with Dallas runs through 2017. Usually you would already see a renewal/extension at this point and again Disney is making a significant investment in both land and building costs.
Please just say no NCA! That would probably lose quite a few gyms. I'm not sure ours would be up for it. We're doing Summit for the second year and we did UCA before that. If they added NCA Nationals to the list, I doubt the parents would be up for it. And I love going to NCA!

Back