Jumps And Air Postions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You are going to need to mix conditioning (core, legs, quads, etc.) with both dynamic and static stretching (dynamic first then go into static).
Flexibility to reach that height + the strength to get your legs actually up there = improved jumps.

Additionally, jump repetition (using correct technique of course) will help if done consistently.
5 of each jump every day

For hurdlers have someone stand in front of you holding a piece of paper and every 3 times u kick the paper have them move it up a little. Also sitting down in a straddle (not the split) then put your arms on each side of one leg and keep lifting it up off the ground (10 times to start out then add 5 every time you feel like its easy) do each leg by itself and then put your arms in the middle and try to lift both! Hope this helps!

I saw this in a cheer extreme video one of the coaches was saying that u can try using ankle weights and make them heavier gradually and then after some weeks u can take them off and ur jumps should be a little higher at the least so that's another jump improver

I saw this in a cheer extreme video one of the coaches was saying that u can try using ankle weights and make them heavier gradually and then after some weeks u can take them off and ur jumps should be a little higher at the least so that's another jump improver
I would be carefully with weights. I heard that you can hurt yourself with them if you don't use them a proper way.

Watch some of Erica Lins youtube videos! She has some really good flyer exercise routines with weights that I have been doing for about a month! I've actually improved a lot in strength and flexibility and it doesn't even take more than a half hour! She has really good tips too!

Back