Jumps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2012
my team is struggling with triple jumps, timing, its pop corn,

any drills to get them on time with each other? i have my own stuff , but its not getting through to them

thanks so much

Have you done just t-jumps with counts? I think that helps my team a lot. We always do that before we start a new jump sequence. Also our gym, as well as many others, will have the girls yell "hit" on the count that they're supposed to hit their jumps on. Hope this helps at least a bit!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Definitely start making the girls shout the "hit" count for each jump.
Example: 1-2-3-FOUR-5-SIX-7-EIGHT for a triple toe, with you counting the regular # and your girls shouting the bold
(you could make them count the whole thing while still shouting the bold as well if that will help them better)

Additionally, a key for timing and sharpness is to "Listen for the clean" (should be able to hear them slap their legs from cleaning tight after landing a jump). Start with a single T jump to practice, and tell your girls that you are listening for one unanimous clean. The girls will hear the popcorn effect of the slap if they are not on time, and realize that they are not together. It also helps clean up jumpers that I call "floaters"' a.k.a girls that jump lazy and just kind of float up and down in their jump instead of hitting sharp movements.

So in summary, a T jump would sound like this:
1-2-3-FOUR (*SLAP!*)

my team is struggling with triple jumps, timing, its pop corn,

any drills to get them on time with each other? i have my own stuff , but its not getting through to them

thanks so much
-t jump
-make them say "hit"
- (this one really helped with my team) say "bend, jump"
- have them go one at a time

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back