All-Star Lawsuit Against Varsity And Usasf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The problem is many people try to define a monopoly based on market share and that's not necessarily a monopoly. What we need to do is look deeper at what is controlling the market. Varsity actually has a lot of competition in the uniform, pom,
lol "underwear", and bow market. What they are able to do that others can't is offer rebates and points for competitions. Dig deeper. These competitions are held at government venues (excluding DW) and bring in massive business and tax revenue to cities (including DW) and additional revenue to State schools during the summer down time. The EP market has to go through the government to get these venues and schools for competition and camps.

Questions to ponder: Does it help or hurt the government to encourage a free market when it comes to these multi-million dollar youth sport competitions and camps that use their facilities, stay at their city hotels, and spend money at their local businesses? Can the government offer incentives, such as hotel tax revenue, for rebates to use their facilities and shut out private venue competition and other businesses? Can government regulation make it so some type of safety training is a prerequisite to use their facilities, and therefore, require more facility usage? Varsity is microscopic compared to government and drug, oil, tech, media and utility companies, but none the less, government has always used sports to bring in tourism dollars and they have definitely expanded into youth sports. Big business brings in more money than mom and pop's, and "Goliath" is much bigger than Varsity.

Government Created Monopolies
"Tourna-cations" and City Revenue
When Does the Youth Sports Complex Building Boom End?

Varsity Brands Owns Cheerleading and Fights to Keep it From Becoming an Official Sport | Houston Press

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! WHO WOULD EVER CONTROL CHEER, AND CLAIM ITS NOT A SPORT?????? I AM ABSOLUTELY IN A STATE OF SHOCK. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS WORLD; TO THE SPORT I PUT IN EVERYTHING FOR?!?!?
Varsity has been saying this for years and years. Even all the way back to the Quinnipiac court case in like 2012 or 2013. Varsity would lose a ton of money and power if cheer were to become an official sport. It has nothing to do with athletic ability or the competitive nature of cheer and all to do with the politics of it.

Varsity has been saying this for years and years. Even all the way back to the Quinnipiac court case in like 2012 or 2013. Varsity would lose a ton of money and power if cheer were to become an official sport. It has nothing to do with athletic ability or the competitive nature of cheer and all to do with the politics of it.

that's so disgusting and stupid. It just helps idiots that know nothing about cheer stay ignorant

I don't like promoting their expose-type pieces, they do little actual research for this series (in general, not just this particular episode)

Thank you! Absolutely no one is going to applaud a monopoly, but those cases are much more complex than, "If it looks like a monopoly, it must be a monopoly." In the Penn Point video below, he admits in the first few minutes ShowTime made them do that episode because it's about cheerleaders and they thought people would look for T & A on their show... This isn't the type of media coverage and expertise people should applaud and hail as great proof. There have been several people over the years that have claimed to have "all the tea" and how "the tea was going to spill soon," but could never share the "tea" because "it was too confidential." I waited for several years and finally realized Karen, Kip and their "in the know" posse had no tea. Varsity is a privately held company and it is extremely hard to get the financials and acquisition/merger contracts that provide margins and real time market data that is THE actual tea.

The fact this law firm is demanding a jury trial for an anti-trust case gives me little confidence they have the financial and market data needed to prove this case and all a judge has to do is deny a jury trial, and then they can back out. It's always interesting to see what happens, but it's always better to wait and see if there's actual "tea" being served.

Thank you! Absolutely no one is going to applaud a monopoly, but those cases are much more complex than, "If it looks like a monopoly, it must be a monopoly." In the Penn Point video below, he admits in the first few minutes ShowTime made them do that episode because it's about cheerleaders and they thought people would look for T & A on their show... This isn't the type of media coverage and expertise people should applaud and hail as great proof. There have been several people over the years that have claimed to have "all the tea" and how "the tea was going to spill soon," but could never share the "tea" because "it was too confidential." I waited for several years and finally realized Karen, Kip and their "in the know" posse had no tea. Varsity is a privately held company and it is extremely hard to get the financials and acquisition/merger contracts that provide margins and real time market data that is THE actual tea.

The fact this law firm is demanding a jury trial for an anti-trust case gives me little confidence they have the financial and market data needed to prove this case and all a judge has to do is deny a jury trial, and then they can back out. It's always interesting to see what happens, but it's always better to wait and see if there's actual "tea" being served

In a lawsuit like this, they are entitled to do discovery and get those records, which unless the case file is sealed by a settlement or judges order those records will become public record. A jury trial ask is not surprising in case like this, I expect Varsity to try to get the case dismissed and if that fails to try to settle without admitting fault.

In a lawsuit like this, they are entitled to do discovery and get those records, which unless the case file is sealed by a settlement or judges order those records will become public record. A jury trial ask is not surprising in case like this, I expect Varsity to try to get the case dismissed and if that fails to try to settle without admitting fault.

While they are entitled to that information prior to a law suit, their complaint provides no financial or market share information at the time of filing and appears to be purely speculative based on it "being expensive" and claims of an "anti-trust scheme." While asking for a jury trial is not surprising, it is 1) rare for a jury trial anti-trust lawsuit to be approved, and 2) if a jury trial is approved and wins, it is rare that it's not appealed. Anti-trust lawsuits are usually deemed too complicated for a jury to follow. As I said in my first post, I would imagine they're just hoping Varsity will deem it not worth their time and money, and settle out of court. Again, I'll be waiting to see what actual "tea" they can uncover, but I've been waiting 10 years to see all this "tea" and my expectations of this lawsuit aren't very high. We will see.

that's so disgusting and stupid. It just helps idiots that know nothing about cheer stay ignorant

Those people aren’t really a priority around here. Even if cheer was roundly declared a sport by the people in charge, those types of idiots wouldn’t admit it. They’d just keep yelling about how it’s “not that hard.” So just ignore them. They’ve based their opinions on nothing more than the makeup and the skirts and all the other super femme things that dominate cheer... and decided that if something is girly, it can’t be that hard. And why can’t it be that hard? Because girls can’t do hard stuff.

This is literally their mindset. They’re simple, stupid people who are content to remain ignorant and kind of misogynistic. Thus, their opinions don’t matter. Opinions from idiots never do. So don’t let it get to you.

Back