All-Star Lawsuit Against Varsity And Usasf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Those people aren’t really a priority around here. Even if cheer was roundly declared a sport by the people in charge, those types of idiots wouldn’t admit it. They’d just keep yelling about how it’s “not that hard.” So just ignore them. They’ve based their opinions on nothing more than the makeup and the skirts and all the other super femme things that dominate cheer... and decided that if something is girly, it can’t be that hard. And why can’t it be that hard? Because girls can’t do hard stuff.

This is literally their mindset. They’re simple, stupid people who are content to remain ignorant and kind of misogynistic. Thus, their opinions don’t matter. Opinions from idiots never do. So don’t let it get to you.

Slow your roll on speculating any business mindset. If you said cheer becoming a sport is more about the possibility it would be grounded at the majority of schools and they fear losing camp and competition revenue, I could hop on board. This is hardly about makeup, skirts or because they think "girls can't do hard stuff." Regulation is very expensive and cheer brings in very little revenue, if any, at most schools. There's a good reason why most schools no longer have gymnastic programs, and paying for qualified coaches, and providing and storing required equipment was the reason. From an Athletic Business article:

Plus, the expense of gymnastics (startup equipment costs for a new program can run $20,000 or more) compared to the number of participants a team is likely to field simply don't mesh. When it comes to Title IX compliance, many administrators argue, a school would be better off vaulting gymnastics and adding a less costly sport such as soccer or field hockey, which attract fewer liability problems and more participants.

Slow your roll on speculating any business mindset. If you said cheer becoming a sport is more about the possibility it would be grounded at the majority of schools and they fear losing camp and competition revenue, I could hop on board. This is hardly about makeup, skirts or because they think "girls can't do hard stuff." Regulation is very expensive and cheer brings in very little revenue, if any, at most schools. There's a good reason why most schools no longer have gymnastic programs, and paying for qualified coaches, and providing and storing required equipment was the reason. From an Athletic Business article:

Plus, the expense of gymnastics (startup equipment costs for a new program can run $20,000 or more) compared to the number of participants a team is likely to field simply don't mesh. When it comes to Title IX compliance, many administrators argue, a school would be better off vaulting gymnastics and adding a less costly sport such as soccer or field hockey, which attract fewer liability problems and more participants.

No I’m just talking about the “idiots who know nothing about cheer” she was referring to, not the higher ups.

Those people aren’t really a priority around here. Even if cheer was roundly declared a sport by the people in charge, those types of idiots wouldn’t admit it. They’d just keep yelling about how it’s “not that hard.” So just ignore them. They’ve based their opinions on nothing more than the makeup and the skirts and all the other super femme things that dominate cheer... and decided that if something is girly, it can’t be that hard. And why can’t it be that hard? Because girls can’t do hard stuff.

This is literally their mindset. They’re simple, stupid people who are content to remain ignorant and kind of misogynistic. Thus, their opinions don’t matter. Opinions from idiots never do. So don’t let it get to you.

Thank you. I really needed to hear that. I have known that is true all along, but I get a lot of crap all the time about cheer and being a cheerleader; its hard to not let it get to you. At the end of the day, that is the true reason this situation pissed me off, and I need to focus on how much I love cheer, and not let those idiots get to me. In one ear and out the other!

Back