All-Star Legitimate Competition Expense Concern

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 12, 2011
I may be alone on this but I dont think that I am. Is anyone else tired of pays insane prices for their all stars to attend certain competitions which rec and school teams get away with paying substancially less?

Case and point: ( I am just going to start calling it out) here are some examples: this is per child
Jamfest Nationals ( On time) All Stars: $125 School: $90
Cheer Tech ( one day nationals) All Stars: $40 School: $250 for the WHOLE TEAM.
Mid Atlantic ( 1 day competition) All Stars:$15 School: $150 for the WHOLE TEAM.

I am hoping someone can shead some light on this. Because I dont understand the justification. The kids compete at the SAME competition, they get the SAME experience, and with the exception of different opportunities to win bids the recieve the SAME trophies. Why should my team of 20 all stars pay $800 to attend the same competition as 20 JV cheerleaders who only had to pay $250?

THEN! This weekend I had a competition coordinator contact me and ask if my program wanted to attend their competition. They said registration was low and they would let our girls compete for just $5 a girl. They charge $40 per child when you register on time! And on top of that this isnt the first time this has happened! What about the squads who pay full price because they expect to attend a competitive competition?

It just annoys me that some ( not all) competitions seem to think that all stars are made of money. Does anyone else experience this or am I alone?

I do agree with you about the large difference in price. Just because all-star is overall more costly doesnt mean they should charge us for the same competition experience. I think that if a level 5 team is going for a bid then their registry can be more money, considering its going to a good cause. School cheering does alot of the same things that allstar do so for them to be offered such a cheap price is kinda a scam.

Competition fees have gone through the roof! The majority cost of all star cheerleading go directly to event producers. i.e. comp fees, spectator entrance fees, and souvenirs. Event producers greed has forced many cheerleaders out of the sport because they can no longer afford to participate. Basic economics lower the price and more can participate in the sport the more money you make.

Omg that is insain! I agree why should we as all-star cheerleaders have to pay so much more to attend the same competition.

Competition fees have gone through the roof! The majority cost of all star cheerleading go directly to event producers. i.e. comp fees, spectator entrance fees, and souvenirs. Event producers greed has forced many cheerleaders out of the sport because they can no longer afford to participate. Basic economics lower the price and more can participate in the sport the more money you make.

I couldnt agree more. We have a set budget that we can spend each year to keep things affordable and it really steams me when the same competition charges a school team so much less. It just isnt right and it shows he greed of the companys. I know I would have so many more kids in my gym if this would just stop. EVENT PRODUCERS: ARE YOU LISTENING?

Omg that is insain! I agree why should we as all-star cheerleaders have to pay so much more to attend the same competition.

check it out for yourself, its on most of the competition websites, often we only pay attention to the all star expenses because thats what we pay, but check it out. Its enraging.

I agree with every post its outragous....and like for my all star gym fundraising is a big thing..for me I almost paid all of my comp fees plus my uniforms..but alot of the comp fees were abovd 100 dollars and really hurt other parents...like the comp fees are getting tough for many parents because you have to pay for travel and hotels which jack a price up...for example spirit fest me and my sis competed..so thr comp fee was like 125 a girl..plus gas was like 150 and food 75 plus hotel was 100..it. all adds upp...like if comp fees were cheaper like high school more people would do all starsin my opinion

It really is outrageous. There shouldn't be a disparity in pricing between the teams. Only Worlds eligible divisions at a competition where Full or Partial Paid bids are awarded should have a higher registration fee.
When an EP calls you up and offers you $5 per kid, when it's normally $40 per kid it means just one thing-their numbers are low and they want to add your teams so they don't need to split divisions (because trophies are already ordered and engraved and they would go to waste) and because other teams are threatening to pull out if they have to combine divisions or they are just up against 2 or 3 other teams.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY (not the kids).

I agree completely. Sure, all stars and high schools do completely different things, but we use the same warmup room, the same stereo system, compete on the same mat in front of the same judges. Whether you're waving signs and pompoms above your head or tossing girls into the air shouldn't matter- we all use the same "resources" at the end of the day

I may be alone on this but I dont think that I am. Is anyone else tired of pays insane prices for their all stars to attend certain competitions which rec and school teams get away with paying substancially less?

Case and point: ( I am just going to start calling it out) here are some examples: this is per child
Jamfest Nationals ( On time) All Stars: $125 School: $90
Cheer Tech ( one day nationals) All Stars: $40 School: $250 for the WHOLE TEAM.
Mid Atlantic ( 1 day competition) All Stars:$15 School: $150 for the WHOLE TEAM.

I am hoping someone can shead some light on this. Because I dont understand the justification. The kids compete at the SAME competition, they get the SAME experience, and with the exception of different opportunities to win bids the recieve the SAME trophies. Why should my team of 20 all stars pay $800 to attend the same competition as 20 JV cheerleaders who only had to pay $250?

THEN! This weekend I had a competition coordinator contact me and ask if my program wanted to attend their competition. They said registration was low and they would let our girls compete for just $5 a girl. They charge $40 per child when you register on time! And on top of that this isnt the first time this has happened! What about the squads who pay full price because they expect to attend a competitive competition?

It just annoys me that some ( not all) competitions seem to think that all stars are made of money. Does anyone else experience this or am I alone?

My experience with local school and rec league comp teams is many of the parents choose them simply because it is cheaper. Many can not afford allstar so they stick with a middle or high school team. Just ask them. I know dads who think I am insane to spend what we do. I am sure the EPs just want the extra business. Do not get me wrong, looking at it from the view point of an allstar check writer, I don't like it either. But I do believe ACEDAD is right here. Do go and tell them why.

Ummm . . . unless your the gym owner you really don't get a choice on what competitions you go to. In many areas the options are limited in both gyms to join and competitions to compete in. Many times you just go to where you can.

Not being able to afford to cheer is what kept me out of it my senior year. Just sayin.

Back