Let’s Go Pink

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

Teams all across the country have been getting involved in their communities and going PINK to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research! As cheerleaders, we are in the perfect leadership position in our community to spread the word about breast cancer and encourage others to join us in our efforts. One awesome way to raise awareness is by using some pink poms, bows or socks from the Varsity Shop! At the University of Alabama, we host a “Power of Pink” volleyball match where the players where pink and the cheerleaders shake their pink poms! Check out some other ways that teams have been getting involved and going PINK!
Two weeks ago, the Paul Laurence Dunbar High School cheerleaders attended the Race for the Cure in downtown Lexington, Ky. The Race for the Cure is a Susan G. Komen sponsored race that happens all across the country during the month of October. The girls lined the streets in their warm ups and used pink poms to cheer on the participants and they ran through the city in all kinds of crazy pink costumes and t-shirts!
The Shelton State Community College cheerleaders attended the “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk in downtown Tuscaloosa, Al this month. This event itself raised over $45,000 in one day! The cheerleaders helped “warm up” the participants before the race with a few stretches and cheered them on at the start and finish line of the walk yelling “BEAAAT CANCER!” Mary Catherine Luckie is a sophomore on the 2012 UCA National Championship team that volunteered at this event.
“Being a cheerleader and a female gives me the unique ability to help my community in so many ways to raise awareness for breast cancer. My Aunt Susie passed away from breast cancer at age 39. She taught the women in my family the importance of self-checks. I want to show young women how important it is to always be aware of your obligation to your body by doing monthly self-exams. Seeing all the supporters, and more importantly the survivors, cross the finish line, has made me more passionate about breast cancer awareness and that by a community, coming together for one common goal WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.” – Mary Catherine
The month of October is coming to an end, but it’s always a great time for your team to get involved in your community! America Needs Cheerleaders to stand out and raise awareness just like these teams have done!
- Ryan Martin
The post Let’s Go Pink appeared first on .

Back