All-Star Level 1 Ideas Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2014
I'm having a junior one team next year and I would like to get high markings in all sections of the routine, mostly pyramid is where I'm struggling, We already have (2) One legged stunts and we have Extensions (5 in total) What else can you really do? I want something different and cool/kinda hard to do. I want to push my cheerleaders so any ideas? and I would love any ideas on different stunts, tumbling, jumps anything to help these kids out.. thank you:)

try quarter turns into stunts as they look cool, In my level 1 stunt group we did a flat front swing down to splits which worked well too

Check the wiki and youtube for videos...look for what you like and what you don't like and go from there. That will probably be your best bet. Make sure you are familiar with the scoresheet so you know what is allowed and not allowed. For example, you mentioned you had extensions, but extensions are not legal in level 1. I coached youth 1 last year and am coaching junior 1 this year, it's a lot of fun!

I'm having a junior one team next year and I would like to get high markings in all sections of the routine, mostly pyramid is where I'm struggling, We already have (2) One legged stunts and we have Extensions (5 in total) What else can you really do? I want something different and cool/kinda hard to do. I want to push my cheerleaders so any ideas? and I would love any ideas on different stunts, tumbling, jumps anything to help these kids out.. thank you:)

So how many athletes are on the team?and How many stunt groups do you have for prep level stunts? So I could get an idea

For tumbling (standing) make them do a standing double/triple back walkover as a team, for running do mini groups and be creative , make each pass different, like double front walk over round off back walk over back extension roll to double back walk over, then have another pass be front walkover cartwheel backwalkover turn handstand forward roll then round off double back walkover, to get a lot of points make sure timing and execution is there, straight legs pointed toes, right there you got yourself a few points!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Check the wiki and youtube for videos...look for what you like and what you don't like and go from there. That will probably be your best bet. Make sure you are familiar with the scoresheet so you know what is allowed and not allowed. For example, you mentioned you had extensions, but extensions are not legal in level 1. I coached youth 1 last year and am coaching junior 1 this year, it's a lot of fun!

Extensions are legal with a hand to hand connection with a prep level stunt. They were talking about pyramids so I'm assuming they mean extensions in that form.

Thank you and I ment that the extentions are connected:)

So how many athletes are on the team?and How many stunt groups do you have for prep level stunts? So I could get an idea

For tumbling (standing) make them do a standing double/triple back walkover as a team, for running do mini groups and be creative , make each pass different, like double front walk over round off back walk over back extension roll to double back walk over, then have another pass be front walkover cartwheel backwalkover turn handstand forward roll then round off double back walkover, to get a lot of points make sure timing and execution is there, straight legs pointed toes, right there you got yourself a few points!

Thank you for the tumbling advice!! and we have 5 full stunt groups

To max out pyramid I have found that it you will score higher if the 5 groups move around similar to how level 5 pyramids look. Have groups start in the back and then move in to the large 5 group pyramid, or have the two side groups come up to the front and have the prep libs hitch to them in a teddy bear sit, ect.

Take a look at Summit videos on Varsity.com or youtube level 1 routines. Take what you like and piece together a pyramid that is difficult, creative, and visually appealing.

Back