Level 1 Release Moves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That would not have made it legal this past season. ALL bases had to have remained in contact with the flyer the ENTIRE time. So just having the backspot holding on in level one is not going to make it legal.
the backspot could've held the waist and the base the foot that started on the ground (but would end on the leg)?

the backspot could've held the waist and the base the foot that started on the ground (but would end on the leg)?

Yes, if BOTH maintained contact the ENTIRE time. The post I responded to simply said just the backspot had contact. The base(s) would have to as well to make it legal last year in level 1.

Last year we did Mini level 1 half to half tic-tocs. This stunt was considered a pyramid because the top person was connected to a base. This is not recommended, the rules have changed. But you just have to get creative and find ways around the verbiage in the rules.

Tic-Toc at 01:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGtCkyZsl_s

Last year we did Mini level 1 half to half tic-tocs. This stunt was considered a pyramid because the top person was connected to a base. This is not recommended, the rules have changed. But you just have to get creative and find ways around the verbiage in the rules.

Since you were connected to a base, it makes it a stunt with no release move. To be a pyramid, you would need to connect to another top person.

Since you were connected to a base, it makes it a stunt with no release move. To be a pyramid, you would need to connect to another top person.

To be a pyramid you need to have a stunt connected to someone else, but not necessarily a top person.

Is the tic-toc stunt at 1:45 (in the video) legal or illegal THIS year?

I would have called it illegal last season citing L1 Stunts B and the definition of a pyramid. I would call it illegal this season citing L1 Pyramids D1 & D2.

It was 100% legal LAST season... we competed it at 7 comps, 2 nationals and All-Levels. It was really fun watching other team coaches get all in a tiff about the tick-toc. Making the safety judges review tapes and watch our warm ups. <3 We also had our senior one do the same trick, but tic to heal stretch.

It was 100% legal LAST season... we competed it at 7 comps, 2 nationals and All-Levels. It was really fun watching other team coaches get all in a tiff about the tick-toc. Making the safety judges review tapes and watch our warm ups. <3 We also had our senior one do the same trick, but tic to heal stretch.

Was it considered a pyramid or 2 leg stunt?

To be a pyramid you need to have a stunt connected to someone else, but not necessarily a top person.

I probably should have watched the video before I commented. That is really creative.

Was it considered a pyramid or 2 leg stunt?

I just realized you said it was considered a pyramid in your first post. It honestly should not have been considered a pyramid because the top person was connected to a base and a base cannot be a base and brace at the same time. The rule was re-written to make that more obvious for next season, but the rule hasn't actually changed.

If the top person was connected to someone else standing on the ground, that wasn't a base or spot, with a hand/arm connection it would have been fine.

Back