Level 2 Standing/running Tumbling Pass

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would consider that a single pass.

I agree.

So going back to level 3 rules. Standing tumbling states no Tuck. BUt Running tumbling says you can do a tuck from RO. So if it starts as standing a BHS stepout RO Tuck would be illegal if it doesn't have a separation of passes. To me a separation of passes would be evident if a level 3 cheerleader was attempting this, as most would slow down during the turn. If a level 5 cheerleader competed this, It would be a lot harder to notice the separation.

I also agree. Earlier I said in most cases I think the turn would be a clear separation, but as you said, some passes by elite tumblers that would bring that into question.

However, I don't know anyone that considers a Roundoff a Standing tumbling skill. (You can do a round off from a standing position, but I wouldn't clarify it as standing tumbling).

From a scoring perspective I've counted RO and Cartwheels as both/either if it benefits the team, an example being a L1 team without much tumbling in their routine and no real standing tumbling. Otherwise I go with a pass starting forward as running and a pass starting backwards as standing.

I wonder how many people are now completely confused.

From a scoring perspective I've counted RO and Cartwheels as both/either if it benefits the team, an example being a L1 team without much tumbling in their routine and no real standing tumbling. Otherwise I go with a pass starting forward as running and a pass starting backwards as standing.

I wonder how many people are now completely confused.

I do the same for Level 1. If they do a round off or cartwheel without any steps into it then I would count it as standing for them. Especially when done in conjunction with partial team back walkovers or forward rolls. etc.

So... is it legal or not? haha I have a girl that I want to do the same pass.. She is a smooth tumbler, so it would probably look like one big pass.. Should I have her sashay between or something?

So... is it legal or not? haha I have a girl that I want to do the same pass.. She is a smooth tumbler, so it would probably look like one big pass.. Should I have her sashay between or something?

Yes

Back