Level 4 - Person Moving Under Assisted Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I have one girl that does standing spring spring and is then assisted by two people into a tuck, While she is in the air another girl runs underneath the tuck. Would this be legal ?

I have one girl that does standing spring spring and is then assisted by two people into a tuck, While she is in the air another girl runs underneath the tuck. Would this be legal ?
spring spring? Would that be a handspring?

Assisted tumbling falls under the stunting category. The stunt is legal and people are allowed to move under stunts. So legal.

I would be certain that there is a clear separation between the handsprings and the tuck.

Level 4 General Tumbling
A. All tumbling must originate from and land on the performing surface.
Exception: Tumbler may (without hip-over-head rotation) rebound from his/her feet into a stunt transition. Rebounding to a prone position in a stunt is allowed.
Example: Round off handspring and then a bump or contact from a base or bracer straight into a back flip would break this rule for levels 1-5. A clear separation from the tumbling to the stunt is needed to make this legal. Catching the rebound and then dipping to create the throw for the rotation is legal. This would also be true if coming from just a standing back handspring without the round off.

The person would legally be able to walk under the assisted tuck "inverted stunt" as long as there is a clear separation from the handspring and the assisted tuck.

So she couldn't do a standing pass handspring, handspirng tuck? she would have to stop in between? My routine was choreographed by Jose from TG so hoping it is legal, but the rules are confusing me on this.

If you're just spotting the tuck the definitely illegal,
If you spot the handspring and then at least you could argue that it was never tumbling to begin with since the flyer was supported the whole time.
Or you could do a handspring stop then assist the tuck

So she couldn't do a standing pass handspring, handspirng tuck? she would have to stop in between? My routine was choreographed by Jose from TG so hoping it is legal, but the rules are confusing me on this.

Love Jose's routines and work, but make sure you have your rules out, especially if your not level 5. We had some two or three legalities in our sr 3 that I didn't catch until after he was gone. I found it very hard to rechoreograph because the rest of the routine was so good. It's much easier if you can catch it right away while the creative genius is still there to redo it.

Back