Level 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You can only be on a worlds senior 5 team if you are 12 by 8/13.
you can be on a restricted 5 team if you are 10 by 8/13
you can be on a youth or junior 5 team any age under 18 8/13

Are those changing? I can't remember but I thought I saw that the USASF had made some age requirement changes that would go in to effect in a staggered format. Like maybe next year to be S5 the athlete would have to be 13?

Last edited:
Are those changing? I can't remember buI thought I saw that the USASF had made some age requirement changes that would go in to effect in a staggered format. Like maybe next year to be S5 the athlete would have to be 13?
Nothing's been instated. For now, the age will remain 12 until they say otherwise.

You can only be on a worlds senior 5 team if you are 12 by 8/13.
you can be on a restricted 5 team if you are 10 by 8/13
you can be on a youth or junior 5 team any age under 18 8/13

Hey, I am pretty sure... that the ages for Senior Level 5 is age 12 and up by 8/31, Restricted5-10 and above by 8/31, Junior 5 is any age up to 15, but most gyms I noticed try to stick with 10 and above by 8/31 and Youth 5 is between I was told 6 and cutoff at 12, but I noticed most gyms try to stick with 8 and up to 12 by 8/31...
Btw, I was given these numbers by my cp, who wants to be on WC Shooting Stars, so she has these ages ingrained in her mind and pounded them in my head because her birthday is actually after 8/31, so she misses the cutoff for Senior 5...and will need to wait until 13, but she can super, super senior:cheering:;)

Hey, I am pretty sure... that the ages for Senior Level 5 is age 12 and up by 8/31, Restricted5-10 and above by 8/31, Junior 5 is any age up to 15, but most gyms I noticed try to stick with 10 and above by 8/31 and Youth 5 is between I was told 6 and cutoff at 12, but I noticed most gyms try to stick with 8 and up to 12 by 8/31...
Btw, I was given these numbers by my cp, who wants to be on WC Shooting Stars, so she has these ages ingrained in her mind and pounded them in my head because her birthday is actually after 8/31, so she misses the cutoff for Senior 5...and will need to wait until 13, but she can super, super senior:cheering:;)
yes its 8/31.. and youth is 11 and under. My daughter is on WCSS... and was on j5 for 3 years before lol. Arent we lucky that they can go from youth to junior before senior!

Junior is 14 and under by August 31st.

Back