Lib Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 11, 2015
During practice today my stunt group hit a lib but it was more of a show and go the flyer fell but gave us warning so she was good is there anyway as a backspot i can make sure the stunt hits and another question how do i get used to flying tiner girls like i started backing some of the shorter sophmores who can fly but also have alot of muscle but now im bavking some of the tiny fresan and sophmores and it feels really diffrent like i think i pull up too much for them or something

Without seeing what the issue is with the stunt, it's really hard to help. It could be your grip, it could be the bases' grips, or it could be a flyer issue. Everyone really needs to work together to make it work. Can you ask your coach for specific help?

During practice today my stunt group hit a lib but it was more of a show and go the flyer fell but gave us warning so she was good is there anyway as a backspot i can make sure the stunt hits and another question how do i get used to flying tiner girls like i started backing some of the shorter sophmores who can fly but also have alot of muscle but now im bavking some of the tiny fresan and sophmores and it feels really diffrent like i think i pull up too much for them or something
Hello!! I am a backspot as well, to make the stunt hit you want to make sure the flyer has something tight and easy to stand on. If you squeeze their ankle or where ever you grab for a lib it can make them feel more comfortable. With the smaller flyer issue, you can ask the bases or the flyer if you are doing a little to much for the stunt! Let me know if this has helped:)

It sounds as if the flyer isn't staying tight, if she knows she is going to fall then she should be able to save herself and keep the stunt up.

Back