All-Star Lying About Cheering At A Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree with both of you, lying isn't right but it's human nature. Do I think some people take it way too far... obviously but at the end of the day, they're the ones doing something wrong.
So do you just say "ok they are lying, that's normal" or call a spade a spade? I'm not looking to find liars but if I'm in a position to confront it, I have no problem letting someone know.

So do you just say "ok they are lying, that's normal" or call a spade a spade? I'm not looking to find liars but if I'm in a position to confront it, I have no problem letting someone know.
I think there's right and wrong ways to confront them about it.

I took a couple years off from AS Cheerleading and just did HS, and a girl transferred my HS and cheered at my old gym. She was on the level 2 team, but claimed to have gained several skills including jumps to back and a half ("sooo close to her full, like she BASICALLY has it!!"). She even bragged about how she was promised a spot on one of the Worlds teams next season. I didnt plan on returning to AS so I guess she thought I'd never find out. My high school also never really tumbled other than the occasional BHS during a foul shot at a game so I never questioned her lying about her tumbling. When I decided to rejoin AS the next season, it was pretty awkward when the results were posted and my name was on a Worlds roster and hers was still on level two... (without out jumps to back and a full, mind you)

Ugh no thats so annyoing. I've had people lie to me about being on a certain level that is obvi not true... whatever. Dont talk about it, be about it

The only reason I believe these girls and boys do it is because with so many "cheerlebritys" in the cheer world they probably feel insecure about whatever skills they have/level team they are on. Does this make it okay no, but it is understandable. Cheerleading to them is probably they only thing they excel in or are good at and with societies ever growing image that you have to be perfect in everything you do, they feel the need to lie.

I think there's right and wrong ways to confront them about it.
I agree, I've said from the beginning that slamming someone or searching someone out I don't agree with. But to sit here and justify lying in anyway is ridiculous. I feel like you are justifying liars and saying "we've all done it, it's no big deal". It is a big deal and it makes me sick when anyone lies.

I agree, I've said from the beginning that slamming someone or searching someone out I don't agree with. But to sit here and justify lying in anyway is ridiculous. I feel like you are justifying liars and saying "we've all done it, it's no big deal". It is a big deal and it makes me sick when anyone lies.
I get where you're coming from and I don't agree with it completely but I also can't sit here and bash these liars because I too have lied about little things. My lies may not have been as big or about cheerleading, etc but I know how people, especially teenage girls are. I was one, I've been there. I believe all people have flaws and I can't always justify what they do but I do believe that people truly are good they just need guidance and attention but in a good way.

The scary thing is these little white lies can really escalate. This is not a cheer story but related all the same......I worked with a woman who was a "little" overweight and came in one day telling everyone she was pregnant and one of our vendor representatives was the father. Then she came in with an extremely fake looking engagement ring and started to plan her wedding. This went on for months until we planned her Jack and Jill bridal shower and invited the groom/father to come. He looked at us like we were insane. The next day she quit work and left a message that she had had a miscarriage. This was an extreme case but I had known her for years and never suspected her of any mental illness. But clearly there was something wrong here. So very sad.

Back