All-Star Lying About Cheering At A Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm in complete agreement with Whit_Marieee on this one - this is quite extreme and they seem to really be singling you out. I presume you have talked to your folks about this so that they are aware of this - if not please do so ASAP.
I think you should too. She might still be a minor, but it could still escalate and get scary. You never know! There are some crazy people out there!

this:
Right now instagram is out of hand. People are posting pictures of girls in gym uniforms ridiculing them and their programs. Gym owners only have so much time to police all social media.

i follow a few folks on instagram, nothing crazy, today i saw a pic of two of my daughters ex-team mates. the pic had well over 2000 likes, but some of the comments were racial and sexual in nature. now i know there girls don't know who these people are, nor can they stop them from posting (i don't think/know), but it was absolutely appalling to see the language being used, ESPECIALLY knowing there are probz a ton of young kids scrolling through those comments. i'm not sure how/if this disturbing trend can be stopped but it disgusted me.

this:
Right now instagram is out of hand. People are posting pictures of girls in gym uniforms ridiculing them and their programs. Gym owners only have so much time to police all social media.

i follow a few folks on instagram, nothing crazy, today i saw a pic of two of my daughters ex-team mates. the pic had well over 2000 likes, but some of the comments were racial and sexual in nature. now i know there girls don't know who these people are, nor can they stop them from posting (i don't think/know), but it was absolutely appalling to see the language being used, ESPECIALLY knowing there are probz a ton of young kids scrolling through those comments. i'm not sure how/if this disturbing trend can be stopped but it disgusted me.

I don't know if you reported it but, if you didn't, this will explain how you can "flag" something as inappropriate.
Abuse & Spam | Instagram Help Center | Facebook

I've experienced it the other way around... I've had a girl (from my gym) who went to my school tell people that I wasn't on Level 5 when I clearly was, and she was on level 3...

Then she decided to start telling people that the Level system worked backwards from what it actually does... Trying to tell people that Level 5 was introductory/basic and Level 3 was better than 5, and she was a better cheerleader than me...

Didn't bother me much, because my close friends knew what team I was on and their opinions were the only ones I really cared about.

I think you should too. She might still be a minor, but it could still escalate and get scary. You never know! There are some crazy people out there!

Yea, parents are aware, however how would that work as I am 18 and she 'claims' to be 14...
Ive never really heard of a minor 'stalking' an adult :confused:

I've experienced it the other way around... I've had a girl (from my gym) who went to my school tell people that I wasn't on Level 5 when I clearly was, and she was on level 3...

Then she decided to start telling people that the Level system worked backwards from what it actually does... Trying to tell people that Level 5 was introductory/basic and Level 3 was better than 5, and she was a better cheerleader than me...

Didn't bother me much, because my close friends knew what team I was on and their opinions were the only ones I really cared about.
I'm laughing at this because its so ridiculous yet sad. And good for you for realizing it didn't matter.

There is a kid I know, let's call him "George".
George was a fill in on a certain level 5 team for a couple weeks,
and then he was moved to a lower level team because the athlete came back.
George still says and tells everyone he is on the level 5 team.
What do you do in this situation? Just ignore George?

There is a kid I know, let's call him "George".
George was a fill in on a certain level 5 team for a couple weeks,
and then he was moved to a lower level team because the athlete came back.
George still says and tells everyone he is on the level 5 team.
What do you do in this situation? Just ignore George?

Depends, do you like George?

I know someone who has "cheered" at approximately six zillion gyms (for like two months each time before "suddenly" stopping), posted facebook pics of himself in other teams uniforms as his profile pic (i.e. Top Gun), posted a pic of himself wearing a gold medal from worlds (how he got that i have NO idea--he did not compete at worlds last year, nevermind medal), and worked at Woodward for like two weeks during summer 2011 before bashing them at the beginning of summer 2012.
b9bo8k.png

I'm not sure if this counts as "lying" about cheering at a gym, but something's clearly going on.
WOW! This is horrible. No matter what camp you go to, the counselors are going to hook up. As long as the do it on their own time who cares....Hasn't anyone seen the movie meatballs?? My CP went for 2 summer and had great experiences. Did she gain skills, no not really but the skills she had were clean and solid when she returned. I do know some people who have come home with injuries and say they will never go back but injuries happen in every sport.
On the drinking part, I am not a big drinker but I am in the minority. If they do on the off hours and not in excess than it is what it is. They are in the middle of no where with nothing else to do.

I know someone who has "cheered" at approximately six zillion gyms (for like two months each time before "suddenly" stopping), posted facebook pics of himself in other teams uniforms as his profile pic (i.e. Top Gun), posted a pic of himself wearing a gold medal from worlds (how he got that i have NO idea--he did not compete at worlds last year, nevermind medal), and worked at Woodward for like two weeks during summer 2011 before bashing them at the beginning of summer 2012.
b9bo8k.png

I'm not sure if this counts as "lying" about cheering at a gym, but something's clearly going on.
haha...I'm FB friends with him too

b9bo8k.png

If you only knew him in person... It's worse!!

I definitely know who that person is (Deleted the picture for space). I'm friends with him on facebook. I've never quite understood his deal...isn't he opening his own cheer gym now or something like that?

Back