Maddie Gardner... Back For Next Season?!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Y'all are so nice to ask about Maddie. She was a Dean's List student her first year at UNC. She is totally committed to her education. In priority the school work is numbers 1-10 on her list. She is starting Journalism next semester. Second, she is committed to UNC Cheer as she loves to cheer and it is made to fit their school schedule. She has talked briefly to Courtney and Kelly about next year, and if she did cheer All Star it would be for CEA, but school will not allow the time. She is a perfectionist and if she cannot do it right with all her heart and effort she will not do it at all. She could not cheer super senior last year. She just finished her second show yesterday and it is longer and in my opinion very good. She does some judging and appearances for gyms. She is the spokes person/model for Chasse and some new sponsors for the show, so look for that and give her some feedback. I think the camera likes her and that is what she wants to do, be it with cheer or the news.

My CP is so stoked to see Maddie in Carolina blue!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

For the record, I'm a huge Maddie fan. And not in a 'sign my bow, I love your abs' kind of way. I mean more of a 'more mature for her age than most athletes, a presence on the mat rarely matched, and put up with more crap than most kids should have to' kind of way. Kudos to her--and
any retired all star athletes--who are finding an avenue to continue their cheer career.

Justin Carrier

Thanks Justin, Maddie thinks the world of you and Varsity. And she hopes to stay connected to cheer in the future as the opportunity arises. We wish all well with their futures in cheer.

One last post on this if y'all do not mind. Now that Ulrikke is done, we are through the All Star years. They were really great with lot's and lot's of memories and many lessons learned. Cassie, our oldest and an All Star for years just graduated with honors from NC State in Business. She signed a 3 year contract with Lenovo Computers that will include getting her MBA and a position in the company. She was able to do so due to her commitment to her education.

I want all you athletes to know that in cheer my kids learned about hard work, preparation, dedication, teamwork, winning and losing and how to deal with the consequences. The people at Lenovo were impressed with her poise, preparation and confidence. She learned a lot of those things in cheer. We have a great country with so much opportunity to excel in the future, but you need to take those things you learn in cheer that are so important and apply them to getting your education and training. Your parents and coaches have taught you some important lessons that will take you far if you use them. Good luck to all in the future.

Nelson,

I'm really happy for you and your whole family. If you are ever back in Vegas, let me know if you ever need anything.

@Starshiptrooper Congrats to Maddie & Cassie! It seems that many of us cheerleaders or ones that I know of who have since aged out go the communication/journalism/broadcast or business route. I think the lessons we learn in cheer definitely correlate best with those; I find myself realizing it all the time. Cheers!

Back