All-Star Maryland marlins tsunami!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While I understand that it is common to put popular songs in the cheer mixes, the use of Christina Aguilara's "Bobblehead" line where it says "...you stupid, hon" is crossing the line a bit. Maybe it's just me, but calling people stupid isn't the most positive representation of cheerleading and what it represents. I am probably reading into it waaay too much though!! LOL. I know it's just a cheer mix and it's meant to be fun and entertaining but my initial reaction when I heard that line in the mix was, "whoah, did they just say stupid???"

if anyone on the boards knows anything about me, most of the time I will be the first to defend this team in any way, shape, or form. back when they were small senior and I cheered in NY, our teams became friendly and I have kept some great friends throughout the years. , and couldn't be more proud of them at this point with the name they've made for themselves.

Of course everyone has some cocky voiceovers, but I'm surprised hearing it from a team that won our affection from being the underdog. This music doesn't seem like the them with the undercover digs aimed directly at f5.

(still love you guys though and overall it's a great mix! go JR! yay!)

Anywho, tsunami's video is up from this past weekend on spiritunlimited.tv its the all capital competition at the top!

if anyone on the boards knows anything about me, most of the time I will be the first to defend this team in any way, shape, or form. back when they were small senior and I cheered in NY, our teams became friendly and I have kept some great friends throughout the years. , and couldn't be more proud of them at this point with the name they've made for themselves.

Of course everyone has some cocky voiceovers, but I'm surprised hearing it from a team that won our affection from being the underdog. This music doesn't seem like the them with the undercover digs aimed directly at f5.

Wasn't gonna step in but I think I should just clarify that the music is NOT aimed towards F5. We told JR we wanted a mix that had a "We made it even though alot of people never believed in us." Terri Curley is one of the sweetest people I know and she has always taught us good sportmanship. JR did what he felt was good for us we didn't personally pick the voiceovers or request which parts of which songs go in them, haha we aren't the DJs! But what I'm trying to say that it's towards anyone who doubted. There are some girls on F5 who actually support us. I think some of this is being overanalyzed a tad haha

Wasn't gonna step in but I think I should just clarify that the music is NOT aimed towards F5. We told JR we wanted a mix that had a "We made it even though alot of people never believed in us." Terri Curley is one of the sweetest people I know and she has always taught us good sportmanship. JR did what he felt was good for us we didn't personally pick the voiceovers or request which parts of which songs go in them, haha we aren't the DJs! But what I'm trying to say that it's towards anyone who doubted. There are some girls on F5 who actually support us. I think some of this is being overanalyzed a tad haha

Right. I know you guys all go to school together and what not which is why I was surprised. but I heard the music for the first time yesterday (I've been out of the cheer loop) when I was sent it & they were like "listen to the v/o about the stutter" and the first thing I thought was f5's dance music. Of course you guys aren't the dj's and I'm not blaming anyone or the team directly. I just found it surprising. but I still love you guys!

Right. I know you guys all go to school together and what not which is why I was surprised. but I heard the music for the first time yesterday (I've been out of the cheer loop) when I was sent it & they were like "listen to the v/o about the stutter" and the first thing I thought was f5's dance music. Of course you guys aren't the dj's and I'm not blaming anyone or the team directly. I just found it surprising. but I still love you guys!

I thought the stutter voice over was referring to the "wah, wah, wah" but I have no idea really haha we didnt request that voice over so I'm not sure of JR's intent.

I actually thought many of these comments were in jest but I guess not. Really folks....drown, stutter, haters is being seen as offensive or cocky...really. After 12 years watching all star I must be missing something. As to any reference or inference against any one team it is simply not there. As I eat my turkey next to an f5 member she clearly agrees and see no actual or subliminal message and finds it funny as do I. The music is intended to motivate the given team and believe it accomplishes it's goal.

While I understand that it is common to put popular songs in the cheer mixes, the use of Christina Aguilara's "Bobblehead" line where it says "...you stupid, hon" is crossing the line a bit. Maybe it's just me, but calling people stupid isn't the most positive representation of cheerleading and what it represents. I am probably reading into it waaay too much though!! LOL. I know it's just a cheer mix and it's meant to be fun and entertaining but my initial reaction when I heard that line in the mix was, "whoah, did they just say stupid???"

Really? How old are we again? This is a SENIOR division. We're all allowed to say stupid.

there are definitely people from the program that think it is specifically aimed at them.
regardless of what the intention was, thats the feeling that is given

i never thought of that that way. you make a strong point! The team that was kinda like "Americas Sweetheart" with the "little engine could" persona comes back as this force of nature that wants to take on the haters...Even tho i love the mix. i never thought of it that way, from "Rehab" by Glee to "I heard you had a brain why dont you use it" lol. But this whole taking shots at F5 is stupid. Yes they may rival each other but i dont see it being a F5 target mix...Even tho i strongly believe the opening is targeted to F5...I mean come on! a Thunder/storm/f5 then a VO saying THIS IS HOW YOUR WORLD BEGAN . LOL

Back