All-Star Meaning/origin Of Team Names?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Orlando's team names are all baseball team names like Yankees and White Sox

Thats interesting...Never thought of using sports teams as a way of naming teams.
The ICE colors (navy. gold, white) were incorporated from the fact that Notre Dame is our neighborhood college campus.

Thats interesting...Never thought of using sports teams as a way of naming teams.
The ICE colors (navy. gold, white) were incorporated from the fact that Notre Dame is our neighborhood college campus.
*starts singing the notre dame fight song*
I often wondered how certain gyms chose their names/colors/team names. I mean Cheer Athletics was pretty smart-it's hard to do a variation on that and not think of them! It's cool to see how these things come about..

Back in the day, some of those terms described levels... I think it was:

Level 1- Basic/Novice
Level 2- ?
Level 3- Intermediate
Level 4- Excel
Level 5- Elite/Advanced

Level 1 Basic
Level 2 Novice

the rest are right. LOL

The CEA teams individually choose their names (ex. Sharks, Butterflies, Dragonflies). However, some leveled teams already had names that they are known by such as the level 5 teams being ___ Elite and it used to be level 4 teams that were ___ Excel.

I bet SharkDad could explain where the Sharks came from! And Missy (mstealtoyou) could explain the Butterflies.

That's pretty accurate and honestly the team names are confusing even to those of us in the gym. (Other then the obvious ones.......______ Elite.)

The dragonflies have been that for a few years. The other Jr team changes their name.......Mustangs, Rainbows last year, Panda's the 2 years before that...I can't remember the other ones. Mini Elite is Superstars.......Jr Excel is Lady Bugs (they've been that a few years now, even when I team momed them) Sr Silver known as Sr Excel now was Sunflowers when I was team mom. Not sure what their name is this year or if they kept Sunflowers.

Courtney and the team pretty much get to decide what their nickname is. She always has some cool story to go along with the nickname to tell the team.........Sunflowers is a very very cool and inspirational story.

Google some Butterfly quotes........there are some really good ones that you can relate to cheer as far as kids metamorphising into these great athletes we see now. A caterpillar into a butterfly. Perfect for a youth 5 team.

Around the gym they are just called.......Youth, Jr A and B, Sr's, Coed (Coed Elite) Well at least that's what I call them.

1 of my fav's.

Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine.

Jeffrey Glassberg

It's fact lol. When F5 was birthed there was no such thing as level 5. There was only Large and Small Senior. Not too long along level 5 as we know it today was actually called level 3.

that's why it's ritual... there was no level 5 so it must mean something else

F5Incredible tornado261-318 mphStrong frame houses lifted off foundations and carried considerable distances to disintegrate; automobile sized missiles fly through the air in excess of 100 meters; trees debarked; steel re-inforced concrete structures badly damaged.

Maryland Twisters thus F5!!

F5Incredible tornado261-318 mphStrong frame houses lifted off foundations and carried considerable distances to disintegrate; automobile sized missiles fly through the air in excess of 100 meters; trees debarked; steel re-inforced concrete structures badly damaged.

Maryland Twisters thus F5!!

that's why it's ritual. you think it means one thing, but it really doesn't. like g2fca2a

Back