All-Star Meaning/origin Of Team Names?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know the whole story behind the name TEAL but I know that when Charlotte Allstars was first formed they originally planned for our uniforms to be teal, black and white but the company who made the uniforms didn't have teal fabric so we changed it to purple. I guess they still wanted teal to be apart of the gym so they named their only team TEAL.
Someone posted it was because it's: charlotTE ALlstars

is it sad that i didnt know how charlotte teal got their name until like BUTBT this year... and they weren't even there.... my friend was like charlotTE ALlstars, and i was like OHHH

I have only heard the uniform story as the explanation for Teal but that is quite a coincidence! I always mean to ask the owners when this comes up but always forget.

I've been looking around but couldn't find anything! Have you ever seen a team and thought, "I wonder how they got that name..." It happens to me allll the time and it drives me absolutely CRAZY.
Like what does f5 mean? Noo idea. And I wanna know so baddd!

f5 is the the stregth(spelling) of a tornado

How did Orlando Allstars Sm Sr became Angels??

Is there a gym with teams named after freaky/mysterious creatures? like Vampires, or trolls? lmao

no, every year they change themes but when they got to baseball teams they liked it so much that it just stuck.

Orange came about because peak orange season is February through April.

At my team we have the superstars which is the youth and our youngest group the shining stars which is our junior group and senior stars is obviously the senior team. I think we got these names bc the coaches love stars

ACE used to be Ace, for Alabama cheer extreme, but then they moved to other states so then they became ACE im not sure how the tribe thing started, but all the teams are named after something Native American or Indian.

Does Indiana Elite have there teams pick there own names? Because I always wondered why they were: divas, bubblegum, super seniors, fire, senior-iatis, ice, etc...

All of Prodigy Allstars teams are a type of blue. For example they have: Team slate, midnight (as in midnight blue), oasis, electric, teal etc...

Got it.. THANKS!
smile.png

Back