High School Missing Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2012
Help! I need some ideas!! I just took over a high school program and the last coach kept their uniforms! We have a game in 2 weeks and our athletic director doesn't want to order new uniforms since their current (missing) uniforms are supposedly only a year old. He has given me a small budget to get uniforms for this season. And to make the situation more complicated? Our Irish game is in 2 weeks! I think if I could get a regular varsity uniform in 2 or even 3 weeks he would spring for them but he doesn't want to put out a bunch of money and not get them till almost the end of the season! Ideas??

Help! I need some ideas!! I just took over a high school program and the last coach kept their uniforms! We have a game in 2 weeks and our athletic director doesn't want to order new uniforms since their current (missing) uniforms are supposedly only a year old. He has given me a small budget to get uniforms for this season. And to make the situation more complicated? Our Irish game is in 2 weeks! I think if I could get a regular varsity uniform in 2 or even 3 weeks he would spring for them but he doesn't want to put out a bunch of money and not get them till almost the end of the season! Ideas??
Considering your current situation, I would go for an in-stock uniform. Could be from Varsity or another vendor like GTM.

I'm not a nosy person and normally I wouldn't ask this, but this seems like a special case to me: how many girls are on you team, and how much did the AD give you?

Considering your current situation, I would go for an in-stock uniform. Could be from Varsity or another vendor like GTM.

I'm not a nosy person and normally I wouldn't ask this, but this seems like a special case to me: how many girls are on you team, and how much did the AD give you?

I called GTM today, and their in stick stuff is still a 5 week wait. Same with Varsity, unless we go with a stock uniform that is blank. I can get those quicker. We have 17 girls and he wants to "try and keep it around a thousand."

I called GTM today, and their in stick stuff is still a 5 week wait. Same with Varsity, unless we go with a stock uniform that is blank. I can get those quicker. We have 17 girls and he wants to "try and keep it around a thousand."
Do that, and order unattached tackle twill from Cheerleading.COMpany.

What about the light weight skirts and tops from GTM just to get you through football season? Someone posted something called the evolution uniform in the new high school uniform thread. Pretty cute and very cheap! I believe just over $30.00 for plain skirt and top.

You could also order a $49.95 package skirt and shell from cheerdeals with embroidery or one-color twill (both are free) they let you pick in-stock striping AND the skirts are elastic waist (you would obviously pick the traditional rise option, since this is high school cheer).

I would go along the lines of a skort and fitted embroidered tank. Lots of teams get these as campwear for the final days of camp. Pricing can be as cheap or expensive as you want. Varsity would be on the high end, but easiest for you as far as ordering. Other places offer great options. We've used omni cheer before. A plain skort was about $6 or $7. We then got a $15 tank and took it to a local embroider who charged $5 to put our mascot name on it. The stuff arrived in about a week. We got lots of compliments and a lot of people didn't even know they weren't actual uniforms. I don't know of a single uniform company that could get an actual uniform to you quicker that 5 or 6 weeks. So you may have to make due for this season.

Thanks everyone! I just got a phone call from one of the parents saying that the old coach left a cryptic text message for her and that she thinks we may know where the uniforms are! I will look into all of these ideas though today so that if the uniforms don't show up today I can get on ordering! Thank you all so so much!

Thanks everyone! I just got a phone call from one of the parents saying that the old coach left a cryptic text message for her and that she thinks we may know where the uniforms are! I will look into all of these ideas though today so that if the uniforms don't show up today I can get on ordering! Thank you all so so much!
A cryptic message? Wow. Hope you find them!

How about calling the police to visit the prior coach and jog his memory?
I'm laughing but this is actually a good idea. I've heard of cases similar to this, in which a coach asks for tons of $$$ for uniforms, but the uniforms never arrive. Then the coach leaves, financial records are off, number aren't adding up and the parents and school decide to investigate, only to find that the coach took the money. I'm not trying to make assumptions here, but this situation sounds familiar.

Back