All-Star National Championships Are Won At Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It also depends how you define an athlete's level. I think a lot of us get so wrapped up with tumbling skills.

It's the same reason an athlete registration with a level (an idea kicked around now and again) would be pretty complicated, especially if a CPs skills aren't a consistent level.

I also hear often, "Suzie just got her tuck so now she is level 3." I've also seen Suzie's mom take Suzie to a bigger program because she didn't get put on a level 3 team only to be placed appropriately on a level 2 or 1 team at said larger program. And then suddenly it is fine?

I tend to prefer a team consisting of say 80% rock solid level skills and role players as needed to round out a good team. I cringe when I see stunts / tumbling that are almost unsafe.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Omg, this is exactly what happened at our team when we remove the level 5 team. Many of the young young flyers left to seek out that worlds team despite having many many years left. One of the ones who left because she was unable to fly on our four team and still ended up basing on a level 4 team at another gym! What was the point?

Back