All-Star Nca 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Any idea when they are going to post an more thorough block schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCA was always so good about releasing block schedules really early and the OOA several weeks before the comp. Seems like it is much later this year. I was surprised to see Cheersport OOA out before any info released by NCA.

Not trying to call them greedy, but how much is this increading their profits?
I am awaiting the admission charges to judge if they are going to increase profit doing it this way.. Do we really believe that a 4 Day or 3 Day pass won't be significantly more than the standard 2 day pass we would normally buy? Fingers crossed that it won't cost my friends with children performing all 4 days double the price.

Not trying to call them greedy, but how much is this increading their profits?
I didn't say they were increasing their profits, but their costs are not going up the same way that gyms/parent are. Gyms now have to have coaches there an extra 2 days - hotel, meals, per diem - and the money has to come from somewhere. Many parents have multiple children in cheer, so they are spending nearly a week out of work/school plus nearly a week of hotel/travel costs. It's an enormous cost if you have more than one child on different level teams.

It won't be long until so many families get priced out that things will have to change.

Or maybe the few families that will soon still be able to afford it will pump enough money into the industry that it'll only need to rely on that small, wealthy customer base (I'm thinking back to that discussion we had about the 'golden goose' business model).

Last edited:
but THEIR costs aren't.....
Their costs absolutely are going up, they are now renting the convention center, paying employees and paying for police and security for 4 days instead of 2-3. This is offset by being able to accommodate 25-33% more teams. They were capped from a space and scheduling aspect in the old 2 day format(3 if you count prep).

Wow that will be weird not seeing all the stingrays teams in all the divisions. They are always so clean.

My daughter has been to NCA 4 times so this makes number 5. I love love love this competition! Can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their costs absolutely are going up, they are now renting the convention center, paying employees and paying for police and security for 4 days instead of 2-3. This is offset by being able to accommodate 25-33% more teams. They were capped from a space and scheduling aspect in the old 2 day format(3 if you count prep).
Correct. I was responding to the "through the roof" comment. Their costs will go up, but I am sure their bottom line will increase as well due to the increased profits from being able to add more teams, so they will be better off financially. And I don't mean to sound negative about it - EPs are in business to make money. As long as they have people to pay, they are going to look to maximize profits and I don't have a problem with that at all with the exception of my own personal situation and how such changes affect me. I can choose to tell my kid who has been doing this since she was 5 and has 2 years left that she can no longer participate unless I work two jobs and she contributes to the costs, but I just wish I wasn't put in that situation.

Back