All-Star Nca 2k16

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's the worst. Last year we met at 6am. Everyone was up at 3am doing hair and makeup. Totally sucks.
Same last year for us and it'll be pretty close to the same this year. The worst was that the caffeine shop by our area wasn't open yet and a huge line formed to wait and watch the employees very slowly get the shop stand ready to open. Not a very entrepreneurial bunch, since quite a few parents/spectators got tired of waiting in line for opening and left.

Same last year for us and it'll be pretty close to the same this year. The worst was that the caffeine shop by our area wasn't open yet and a huge line formed to wait and watch the employees very slowly get the shop stand ready to open. Not a very entrepreneurial bunch, since quite a few parents/spectators got tired of waiting in line for opening and left.

Last year I packed little bottles of orange juice and muffins so that way CP at least had something to eat/drink before heading to warm ups. Ugh.

Last year our meet time for large j3 was 5 AM in our meeting room at NCA

I have a picture inside the convention center and I'm literally the only one u can see in the hall. The main doors weren't even open yet, just the doors from the parking garage so that's how we got inside the convention center.

6c5370a782d5455c12c7a91060d42de4.jpg

This is usually where the long Starbucks line is lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year our meet time for large j3 was 5 AM in our meeting room at NCA

I have a picture inside the convention center and I'm literally the only one u can see in the hall. The main doors weren't even open yet, just the doors from the parking garage so that's how we got inside the convention center.

6c5370a782d5455c12c7a91060d42de4.jpg

This is usually where the long Starbucks line is lol

What time did they actually compete?

What time did they actually compete?

@TheVipersMom and I were both there in that empty convention center and I STILL didn't get a chance to see her! Our kids were in the halls next to each other, I think.

What time did we go on, K? Like 8:05 or something!

ok so first time for my CP attending NCA... question, is there a parent/team section for viewing the performance... like a section where you can stand, watch, and then get ushered out?
if so, does this exist in all the halls including the arena for level 5 teams?

thanks for the heads up!!

ok so first time for my CP attending NCA... question, is there a parent/team section for viewing the performance... like a section where you can stand, watch, and then get ushered out?
if so, does this exist in all the halls including the arena for level 5 teams?

thanks for the heads up!!
In the halls they usually have a viewing area which is on one side of the mat - not really ideal unless you like watching the routine from the side.

In the arena, they usually have an upper section of seats reserved for fans but it is also off to the side.

In the halls they usually have a viewing area which is on one side of the mat - not really ideal unless you like watching the routine from the side.

In the arena, they usually have an upper section of seats reserved for fans but it is also off to the side.
For the halls is it better to watch from your seat? Do the halls get crowed?

I would so much rather start at this time than 8:12 PM like my CP's division does. Don't they understand that I'm old and my bedtime is 9 PM? lol
For the halls is it better to watch from your seat? Do the halls get crowed?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me personally, we like to watch from the bleachers. The mat is elevated so even sitting in the chairs down front makes it hard to see the entire routine. You can usually find a seat in the halls - especially on day 1. Day 2 can be a different story; however, we always find seats in the bleachers, just not in the center set of bleachers.

For me personally, we like to watch from the bleachers. The mat is elevated so even sitting in the chairs down front makes it hard to see the entire routine. You can usually find a seat in the halls - especially on day 1. Day 2 can be a different story; however, we always find seats in the bleachers, just not in the center set of bleachers.
Thank you for all the great info [emoji4]

Early times do stink but at least you know you'll get a good seat if you're in the arena.
I think we might be in that division as well - large J3 has A,B,C & D2. If we are A, we'll be right there, crying, with you. 6 am Texas time is 4 am our time. Which means we have to be up by 1 am Pacific time....really not much point in going to sleep.

Back