All-Star Nca Worlds Bid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 11300

I just read the NCA worlds bid declaration and have a question. NCA awards 8 paid bids, one in each worlds division. If the NCA national champion in say Small Seniors already has a paid bid, the bid passes to the 2nd place team in Small Seniors. Correct? And if the 2nd place team already has bid, does it keep passing down in Small Seniors until they get to a team that doesn't have a paid bid? Sorry for the stupid question, I'm kinda a newbie . Thanks.

I just read the NCA worlds bid declaration and have a question. NCA awards 8 paid bids, one in each worlds division. If the NCA national champion in say Small Seniors already has a paid bid, the bid passes to the 2nd place team in Small Seniors. Correct? And if the 2nd place team already has bid, does it keep passing down in Small Seniors until they get to a team that doesn't have a paid bid? Sorry for the stupid question, I'm kinda a newbie . Thanks.

Yes need clarification - does the small sr bid for example stay in that division. With that many teams I am sure the difference in the top ten could be potentially be very small. Let's be real 8 teams in small sr have full paid bids - what happens if they are the top 8?

if they are setting it up like that at NCA this year then no matter what, a team in each worlds division will get a paid bid. so for this example, if the top 8 teams in small senior have paids already and the ninth place team doesn't, that team will get a paid.

I take that back. the bid would go to the next highest scoring team after first place within all 8 divisions. so if small senior national champ already had a paid but the medium coed national champ didn't have one then the coed team would get a paid if they had a higher score than the second place small semior team. if that makes sense.

"In the event that all of the National Champions have received PAID BIDS, NCA will award the extra bid(s) to the remaining overall highest scores within these divisions."

In the past, if you won your division you were guaranteed the paid bid, if the division winner already had a paid bid, the paid bid went to the next highest score in the combined divisions. There is nothing in the above wording that leads me to believe anything has changed. I don't believe they are guaranteeing each division will receive one of the paid bids. I think that is the intent of the word "overall" in the above statement.

"In the event that all of the National Champions have received PAID BIDS, NCA will award the extra bid(s) to the remaining overall highest scores within these divisions."

In the past, if you won your division you were guaranteed the paid bid, if the division winner already had a paid bid, the paid bid went to the next highest score in the combined divisions. There is nothing in the above wording that leads me to believe anything has changed. I don't believe they are guaranteeing each division will receive one of the paid bids. I think that is the intent of the word "overall" in the above statement.

I believe you are probably correct. The word "overall" gets them off the hook of giving the hypothetical 9th place team a paid bid. I guess it's not fair to give the 9th place team a paid bid if they have a lower score than the 2nd place team in Medium CoEd. Very clever. Haha

Here's their Bid Declaration:

http://nca.varsity.com/pdfs/NCA_bid_declaration.pdf

ASCheerMan just tweeted about this. So it's overall (except level 6, grr) not just next in that division.
Justin's Carrier@JustinCarrier
8 Nat'l Champs = 8 PAID BIDS! If any of those 8 already have one, we go to the next highest score across those 8 divisions.@Olivia_Coriaty

I believe you are probably correct. The word "overall" gets them off the hook of giving the hypothetical 9th place team a paid bid. I guess it's not fair to give the 9th place team a paid bid if they have a lower score than the 2nd place team in Medium CoEd. Very clever. Haha

If fairness to NCA they want to have the strongest teams (regardless of division) represent them at worlds. The only way to guarantee your team a full paid bid is to win your division, after that the bids will go "to the best of the rest" regardless of division.

In years past, they would basically make a list of all of the teams in the Worlds divisions:

1. Highest-scoring national champion
2. 2nd highest-scoring national champion
10. Lowest-scoring national champion
11. Highest-scoring team that didn't win their division
12. Second-highest scoring team that didn't win their division

They start working their way down that list giving out paid bids. If a team already has a paid bid, that bid passes down to the next. They keep going down the list until all paid bids have been given out. They then start the same process with the other bids.

Winning your division moves you to the front of the line. It does not, at least theoretically, guarantee you a paid bid. However, there are so many teams with paid bids that they typically make it pretty far down that list before they distribute all of their bids.

In years past, they would basically make a list of all of the teams in the Worlds divisions:

1. Highest-scoring national champion
2. 2nd highest-scoring national champion
10. Lowest-scoring national champion
11. Highest-scoring team that didn't win their division
12. Second-highest scoring team that didn't win their division

They start working their way down that list giving out paid bids. If a team already has a paid bid, that bid passes down to the next. They keep going down the list until all paid bids have been given out. They then start the same process with the other bids.

Winning your division moves you to the front of the line. It does not, at least theoretically, guarantee you a paid bid. However, there are so many teams with paid bids that they typically make it pretty far down that list before they distribute all of their bids.
But this year there are 8 divisions and 8 paid bids, so I guess that is a difference. Winning a division will guarantee a paid bid.

FYI, here is a goo
But this year there are 8 divisions and 8 paid bids, so I guess that is a difference. Winning a division will guarantee a paid bid.

True, I forgot that the two L6 divisions aren't eligible for paid bids.

BTW - Here is a google doc with the teams color-coded by the bid they already have. Feel free to edit if there are errors.

Welcome to Google Docs

Here's their Bid Declaration:

http://nca.varsity.com/pdfs/NCA_bid_declaration.pdf

ASCheerMan just tweeted about this. So it's overall (except level 6, grr) not just next in that division.
Justin's Carrier@JustinCarrier
8 Nat'l Champs = 8 PAID BIDS! If any of those 8 already have one, we go to the next highest score across those 8 divisions.@Olivia_Coriaty

As a former coach of a L6 team (and open coed level 5) I still don't think those should be eligible for paid bids, just at large. I think its the people who drive the industry who should get paid. Weird I know, but my personal feeling on it.

Back