High School Need Some Uniform Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Purposely cropped, imagine a half top but with a V in the front, that's basically what it was. It's so fun you say 1999, that's about when it was. lol OMG...I'm getting old : (
I personally prefer crop tops that show minimal skin in the back.

Like purposely cropped in the back so skin showed all the time or just a higher hemline on the shell in the back and skin showing while sitting in school and/or bending down? I only ask because one of my High school uniforms seems similar to what you describe. Everything is covered until I sit down then its like 3-4 inches of my back showing, which wearing it in school on game day can get kind of cold. We wear cropped liners if we wear a liner (very rarely unless its dead of winter). Yeah so mine comes to a "V" in the front so when I put arms up in a cheer, my stomach won't show but it does show my sides. Those uniforms are from 1999 or something and our coach still likes the retro look with high knee socks and big bows so we wear them alot. Its a cute look, the retro..

kelly, the shell you describe we use as well. It drops afew inches over the skirt in the front and comes to a point. The back is stretchy and solid color. And the bottom of the shell is straight in the back ending right about where the skirt begins. Ours are from 2002 i think, we go with a retro look as well sometimes. Wearing this uniform tomorrow actually for team pride day in school, w/volleyball cheer after in evening.

kelly, the shell you describe we use as well. It drops afew inches over the skirt in the front and comes to a point. The back is stretchy and solid color. And the bottom of the shell is straight in the back ending right about where the skirt begins. Ours are from 2002 i think, we go with a retro look as well sometimes. Wearing this uniform tomorrow actually for team pride day in school, w/volleyball cheer after in evening.

yes, we have 2 of this version. One of ours has a zippered back the other has the stretchy fabric. both come to a triangle point in the front. The one with the stretchy back is a tad smaller and the back hem sits above the waist of my skirt about 1/2 inch showing my back all the time and more when sitting, like sitting bleacher cheering or in school while in class. The zippered back one is a little longer coming over the skirt waist and just shows my back when sitting, bending, reaching etc. Both leave a little skin showing on the sides as well when my arms are up in a cheer. I like these uniforms alot but on every girl they leave alot showing. Just how they are cause of the style of hem on the shell, they are old, yes, but our go-to uniform for this year alot due to our some of uniforms being sent out to get re-lettered.

Both of these we wear with flyaway skirts so you can't get more retro than that. Ill post some pics from our fball games soon.

So I ended up switching shells and getting one thats slightly longer but not oversized/ frumpy looking. Mine doesn't come to a point in the front like yours that you describe. It has a straight bottom all the way around and hits a lil over the skirt. Yet it does show a small amount of back when im sitting, would you guys say this is normal or is the top still too small?

So I ended up switching shells and getting one thats slightly longer but not oversized/ frumpy looking. Mine doesn't come to a point in the front like yours that you describe. It has a straight bottom all the way around and hits a lil over the skirt. Yet it does show a small amount of back when im sitting, would you guys say this is normal or is the top still too small?
No, that's normal.

Back