All-Star New All-Star cheerleader—curious

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 11, 2022
Hi all! Im a high-schooler who is currently a gymnast (tumbling is my favorite AND strongsuit) but im only doing it for fun and next season plan on trying out for a cheer team at one of my local gyms. Im curious about my level placement since I dont wanna be the oldest in my group; my skills include NO absolute stunting experience (might look into some clinics) id say my jumps are nice, being that its something most of us gymnasts/dancers/cheerleaders are harped on to perfect, as for tumbling I have my front tuck,standing back tuck, standing backhandsprings series, ro bhs bt, ro series bhs, ro bhs lay, ro lay, side aerial standing and running. Planning to work on some twisting at some open gyms too! Please let me know!!

So your age will be the first thing that dictates your team. I'm assuming, since you are a HSer, that you'll be on a senior team. Your tumbling will put you on a level 3 or 4. See if you can get into a stunting class so that you won't be starting the season completely unexperienced. I'd also look to see if they have a jump class. Gymnasts and cheerleaders jump different.

So your age will be the first thing that dictates your team. I'm assuming, since you are a HSer, that you'll be on a senior team. Your tumbling will put you on a level 3 or 4. See if you can get into a stunting class so that you won't be starting the season completely unexperienced. I'd also look to see if they have a jump class. Gymnasts and cheerleaders jump different.
So helpful!! Thank you!

My niece started with a similar skillset on a S2 (at a megagym) so she could learn how to stunt, so be aware that you may be placed down lower than your tumbling would indicate.

Back