Thinking Of Switching Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 5, 2014
I have been cheerleading for one year all the tumbling skills that I have only took me the 2012 2013 cheer year and i have never tumbled before i started cheer . I got my round off handspring series, standing handspring series and my round off tuck . Im on senior level 2, just recently our worlds team has been threw allot of crap and they moved someone from my level 2 team to worlds she can only do a cartwheel/front handspring and its her third year in cheer . My gym also has lots of favouritism and honestly I really thought since im one of the top tumblers at the gym (the owner even said im one of the advanced athletes ) I thought that I was going to be moved up to level 3 since I have my round off tuck I have hyperextended jumps catch onto choreography good and im a good at stunts . it seems like there moving up all the athletes that are less skilled then me onto high level teams. Like my gyms level 3 team has 5 round off tucks and its a team of 13 and I have a round off tuck and im on level 2 . It just makes me mad how the favoritism is and why they don't recognize how hard I work and some of my other teammates do . I was talking to another gym in my area and they said that a lot of people switch from the gym that im at now for the exact same reason . My gym owners moved a girl up from jr 2 to worlds with only a round off tuck . Im honestly just thinking of switching any thoughts ? or should i stay ????? (sorry if i sounded really cocky im just frustrated )

If u feel like u will never b happy where u r, go look and talk to other gyms, athletes and coaches before deciding. U have to be happy no matter what gym u r at. U want to progress and gain higher skills. U have to go where that will happen!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I know exactly how you feel . the same thing occurs at my gym. I have two things of advise for you . you can either 1 finish the year strong and find a new gym at the end of the season or 2 find a new gym ASAP and take tumbling classes there until the new season. When the new season starts at the new gym then join a team. if you join a team this late in the seaon you will most likely not get the roles on the team that you want

It could just be a bad year at your gym, it happens. Why not talk to your coach about it and tell her how you feel? Trust me, if you say you're thinking of other gyms, she'll listen to what you have to say.

There are many more elements to a cheer routine than tumbling. My guess is the J2 who was moved up to the Worlds team was moved up for a specific reason (flying maybe) and will NOT be tumbling. As far as moving up to the level 3... Are you talking about now in the middle of the season or next season? My experience is that gyms do not typically move athletes from team to team mid season unless there is a specific need or reason.

Back