All-Star New Cheersport Lay Out

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Like the new Cheersport Lay Out

• Total voters
Other than the awards "walk" I LOVED it. I have no idea why the previous poster could not find a seat for any of the divisions. Even large senior and unltd had seats available right beside me! It was easy to "run" between arenas and most views were great! Kudos to CHEERSPORT!

The new layout was GREAT for how big CheerSport has gotten. As a coach it was really easy to get to see all your gyms teams. You could be running around and watch them from the side. As well it allowed the crowds to get larger, but be safer. The old way you were packed in by only being able to enter from one side and felt like it could get out of control.

The warmup room situation was better this year being cut down a little. I would still like to cut a minute or two off each floor. Its hard warming up for 45 minutes and then competing. But, the long warmups help it run completely on time.

I have a suggestion for you to put up the vine.... have a seating area for teams in the hole or in the hole of the hole, after 45 min of warming up and a mile walk to the stages and then standing for sometimes 20 min I'd rather give my kids a chance to sit down to rest their calfs and then do a quick re-stretch while on deck or so forth....

Good idea Chase. I wouldn't doubt you'll see that next year. One of the really cool things about CHEERSPORT. They listen....

I think it would be great if they could set an awards viewing area or screen on the side somewhere for people to see awards who have problems walking that far or have teams they need to watch.

Dear Cheersport, congrats you have hosted the largest competition ever and ran it well. I think you are making enough off of us to pony up free wifi. It was pretty sad in the convention center and if you paid there were areas it didn't have signal.

Fiercely yours, Sharkdad

Love love love this idea!

I didn't go to cheersport this year :( Can someone explain how the set up was different frmo last year? or is it just too confusing to explain?

I liked the one stage layout with larger viewing area, the chairs being taken out of the priority section, the separated on deck and in the hole line up areas (except when one large gym blocked the priority area and would NOT let our supporters through). I want to say THANK YOU to the Cheersport staff for announcing for them to clear the area and trying to get them to move. My daughter did not like the fact that when you are on stage that you could look down on either side of the stage and see the other stages. She and other teammates liked the "cozier" feeling that the old layout had for waiting to go on stage and once up there. I absolutely hated the awards location! It is way too far away from the competiton arenas (and having to go through security again)and too complicated/crowded to get to and from (especially withe the escalators issues to which they have no control). Having access to the BC conncector would have made it much better. It's a very long day when you are there at 10:00 am to see teams and then you compete with awards at 10:50!

I liked having the larger viewing area. I remember a few years back trying to get in to see some of the bigger name team was pretty close to impossible if you didn't get there at least 10 minutes early. The traffic would back up only entering from one side. It made it a lot easier to catch teams.

But I didn't like the awards hike. Luckily I had a pass and was able to cut through back stage. If I wasn't I probably wouldn't have gone. Too far to walk through the performance areas, up the 34897389 escalators, through the lobby, down the halls, down the 4398094 escalators, past warm ups, and into awards. Also, spectators had to go back through security and have their wristbands checked to get back into the competition from awards. That was annoying.

I do however feel like I was walking a lot more with this set up. The stages were further apart, and my feet hurt pretty bad after all that walking. Overall, I think the new layout was more practical. Although I think the old layout definitely had a better awards location.

Like most people are saying...that hike to awards was NOT good. I missed seeing my older daughter's team win and get their full paid bid because I was watching my younger one :( I believe had the ceremony been where it was last year, I would have had a fighting chance to see both. Regardless, even if I wasn't missing one kid for the other...that walk was not a welcome hike at 6:15 pm after hiking all over the rest of the day as well. CHEERSPORT: Please find a closer spot for awards. Kthanks.

I liked the one stage layout with larger viewing area, the chairs being taken out of the priority section, the separated on deck and in the hole line up areas (except when one large gym blocked the priority area and would NOT let our supporters through). I want to say THANK YOU to the Cheersport staff for announcing for them to clear the area and trying to get them to move. My daughter did not like the fact that when you are on stage that you could look down on either side of the stage and see the other stages. She and other teammates liked the "cozier" feeling that the old layout had for waiting to go on stage and once up there. I absolutely hated the awards location! It is way too far away from the competiton arenas (and having to go through security again)and too complicated/crowded to get to and from (especially withe the escalators issues to which they have no control). Having access to the BC conncector would have made it much better. It's a very long day when you are there at 10:00 am to see teams and then you compete with awards at 10:50!

YES

What if they had one or 2 large stages for the bigger draw divisions. They could set up bleachers in the back for people that wanted to stay and view. And have a LARGE pit with no chairs. When teams like CEA Sting Rays, Brandon, went on no one sitting anyway. they were standing on the chairs. Then they could have 3 stages going back to back the old way. That would give them 3 extra floors. and move the awards back to where they were last year. I like the idea of using the big room as a holding room and that would take the beds and chairs out of the hallways which caused a lot of traffic jams.

To a post that King had made about NCA and if it was the lights that made it special. I have to say that the lighting at Cheersport this year was some of the best I have ever seen at a comp. It was pure white and as a photographer it allowed me to get great pictures. Not only that they had lights in the front as well as the back.

Please dont get me wrong, Cheersport is a GREAT Compation and I enjoy it very much. Having little kids competing at 9pm is a little tuff. As well as the college and HS teams compete at 9am.

While I hated the long walk it was the fact that I had to miss my sons awards to see his sister compete that disappointed me, but hey it can't all be perfect, the extra room was nice.

my feet were dead after walking back to the hotel both days but i liked how you could sit in front of the glass one level up and watch from up there. i had to charge my phone quite a lot this weekend and that helped.

I liked the new setup.

Awards I feel was an issue for everyone but I'm not sure having the general public using the BC connector is the answer. Too many teams coming and going as it is. Add in the general population and Chase won't have to worry about teams standing around for 20 minutes to compete, it'll take that much longer to get there from warmups. I'm sure there's a "meet in the middle" answer and I feel confident Cheersport will find it.

I definately like the awards feed on a big screen idea. Like they had outside at Worlds a few years ago for the Josten Center.

I'm always a big fan of Cheersport because they seem to do it right. And the small things they don't get right they admit and find a solution for. I appreciate that and feel that we'll see a tweaked version of this new setup next year and I can't wait.

Is February the best month ever or what?

Thank you SO MUCH to the GWCC security guard who found my baby, after she got seperated from us in awards and getting her back to the CEA room safely. Took 30 minutes for someone to notice this child was sobbing and had nobody around her and ask her if she needed help. I should have showed her how that far exit went right into warmups and she would have known exactly where she was. Lesson learned. Crisis averted.

Back