OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
AGHHHHHHH I'm stuck... My first gym gave me a cute framed scrapbook page with my name, the gym logo, and a pic of me, and I've made them for my other gym and my Jr. High... I'm trying to make one for my HS but I have zero ideas. GAHHHH I have all this paper and letters and then of course a picture but I can't think of any way to arrange it without making it identical to the others. bleh :(

Babysat my favorite little 7 year old from my cheer gym for 5 hours tonight and had so much fun playing American Girl dolls, playing hairdresser, making special cards for all her coaches, and just chatting in general. At 18 and trying to figure out where I want to go to college, I had the best time today being reminded of what it was like to be a little kid.

Random rant: so... My sister annoys me perpetually. She acts about 12 half the time (she's in her forties and about 4 years older than me) she's obsessive about stuff. Goes to napa=wine expert, goes to Italy=expert in all things Italian...etc etc. she's finally decided to get in shape (just about the same time I finish the bulk of my dissertation and reward myself by a renewed gym membership). About 5 years ago I lost 50 lbs, but have put 20 back on. That sz 8 went to a sz 12. I'm wanting to lose that 20 again so I can stand the sight of myself in a mirror.

So she starts, gets a gym trainer, is suddenly the nutrition expert and Jillian Michael's all rolled into one.. Posts about the weight she's losing...pics of her shakes.. Whining about whole foods stores not being local (where she's never shopped in her life until now)

I work out 3-5 times a week... Like hard... Like my old cardio and resistance workouts. Started watching nutrition again and eating right. Really thought things were starting to head the right way... But refused to step on a scale because they're the essence of evil and I wanted to be sure I'd see something positive... So I waited to do that FOR SIX WEEKS...

She's lost 18 pounds.

In six weeks of working...

I've gained 3.

WTFfffffffffff! I totally bailed on the gym this week. So annoyed. What's the $&@; point!? At this rate in another six weeks ill pack on a few more! Don't gimme the whole "it's muscle" junk... In six weeks?? I should've burned some fat with all the new "muscle" which is debatable anyway. The overall number SHOULD be headed in the negative.

I've got a husband of almost 17 years, two kids, principal of a high school and my kids are emerging level 5 (only this board gets the time commitment there) and I'm defending my dissertation 900 miles away on Wednesday. A mortgage a dog...a cat... Piloting national board certification for administrators (another 100 pages of paper writing and videos etc etc)

She has an apartment, a job (which pays more than mine) and a car... No other responsibilities to take her time so she can live at the gym if she feels like it and make protein shakes and generally lose a go zillion pounds and be fabulous... Whereas I...

Apparently...

Get to be a cow forever.

Do they make cow print swimsuits!? I might need one of those! Can't wait for the new workout queen to give me a thousand tips on how to run or eat for the half marathon I'm running (again, ran it last year... Was the first I ever ran) in April. I'm sure she will. I ranted about this a bit in my Facebook and have already gotten the hand rubbing, condescending, oh poor little girl just doesn't understand fitness and nutrition reply.

Grrrrrrr.

Sorry to rant but no one else gets that I just want to scream from a building how much this sucks... Or jump off of it.

tumblr_mif60rSU6D1s53730o1_400.jpg

cant deal with real life anymore this is perfect

Guys I've been SO close to my standing tuck for like a year (just struggling with the landing) and tonight my coach realized I close my eyes, I opened my eyes and now I'm landing it :D can't believe it took that long to figure it out.

Congrats!! And thanks for posting! I'm going to show this to my CP and see if it helps her (she's been stuck on that also). Not sure if she knows about this or tried, but who knows!!

Again....CONGRATS!!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

Grrrrrrr.

Sorry to rant but no one else gets that I just want to scream from a building how much this sucks... Or jump off of it.

i feel as though this is a glimpse into my future. i am 22, and my sister is 26 but we have the same issues. and she makes me so angry. i work my butt off every second of every day and it seems things just get handed to her and she gets all the praise. so incredibly annoying.

Back