OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Today in school I slipped on the floor and hit my knee hard. Never wear moccasins on slippery floors...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Or flip flops with no traction because you will slip in a cafe full of people, and your friends will burst out laughing at you and everyone will stare awkwardly at you. Not like I know from experience or anything....

Or flip flops with no traction because you will slip in a cafe full of people, and your friends will burst out laughing at you and everyone will stare awkwardly at you. Not like I know from experience or anything....

Cheer shoes and bus steps aren't fun either. You may trip and fall. Then half of the cheerleaders are going to laugh and the other half will be in shock. I wouldn't know from experience either....

To add to this:
Don't wear flip flops with a rubber sole in the rain because you WILL lose a shoe while in the crosswalk of a busy street. At least, that's what I'm guessing would happen.
And if a flip flop looks like it might break soon, don't wear that pair to work. Otherwise you might end up having to purchase a new pair of shoes not even 15 minutes after starting work.

One day it was pouring rain when I got off the bus. Well the bus stops at the entrance of the neighborhood and I live a few streets down from there. I lost my flip flops in 3 seconds of being off the bus. One of my neighbors took off his shoes and we just ran because of the rain. Hint: Don't run as fast as you can barefoot; it hurts your feet a lot.

Has anyone here ever suffered with plantar fasciitis? If so any home remedies that have worked for you?

I have, in both feet. It's terrible. The only thing that had a lasting effect was cortisone shots...which also hurt. However, a home remedy that has worked for me is to take a bottle of water and freeze it. Then take your foot and roll the bottle of water back and forth on the ground. Use as much pressure as is comfortable. I usually would sit in a chair and try and put as much weight into he foot while rolling as I could handle. It won't cure it, but it'll help. Also, staying off of it as much as possible helps.

@NJ Coach @BuegeSmalls thanks guys! It's for my mom! She can barely walk which kills me to watch her struggle to get around! The water bottle is a new idea! She was given an exercise sheet with stretches including a towel or leaning up against a wall but doesn't seem to be improving at all! She's been using jelly heals so I think next she should try the whole soles! Thanks for the not the scholles tip.

Last edited:
Can't see any reason to be sad? That's the product of a successful program.

Yeah I'm excited for that but just to think that there will be a whole other staff and athletes is shocking.
Im sure most gyms are used to competing against each other but I'm still in shock just a bit.

I'm sure I'll be happy soon it's just kinda shocking! Haha

Lol for using the word Shock three times

@NJ Coach @BeugeSmalls thanks guys! It's for my mom! She can barely walk which kills me to watch her struggle to get around! The water bottle is a new idea! She was given an exercise sheet with stretches including a towel or leaning up against a wall but doesn't seem to be improving at all! She's been using jelly heals so I think next she should try the whole soles! Thanks for the not the scholles tip.

I've done all that too. Worst was when I had it in both feet at the same time. The water bottle thing will help, but won't get rid of it. Every once in awhile, it'll flare in one foot. I go on crutches or my boot for a few days and that helps. There are also these contraptions you can get, can't think of the name, that apparently work too. If it gets bad, tell her to go to dr and get a cortisone shot. Pain will be gone in a few days.

Back