OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Do any other high schools out there do senior assassins like they do in my area?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

*I edited the quote to be shorter* Did your boyfriend ever get the guy who had you as a "target"?

Our Senior Assassins starts at midnight. My friend said he's going to use my neighborhood as a "safe haven" since it requires a password to get in and no seniors in SA know it besides him. Knowing our senior class, this should be funny.

Last edited:
I'm 26 and I'm still competing! I hope that this isn't it for all of you guys!!

I'm 26 and I'm still competing! I hope that this isn't it for all of you guys!!
I hope so too! But until I know what my future consists of I can't be sure that I'll be able to cheer so I'm preparing for the worst, at the very least it'll be my last year of HS cheer and last year with my current gym/coaches. :( Hopeful I can stop being mental and stop getting injured and get my tumbling up to par so I can continue. Standing tucks are the devils tumbling pass.

I hope so too! But until I know what my future consists of I can't be sure that I'll be able to cheer so I'm preparing for the worst, at the very least it'll be my last year of HS cheer and last year with my current gym/coaches. :( Hopeful I can stop being mental and stop getting injured and get my tumbling up to par so I can continue. Standing tucks are the devils tumbling pass.

Whattt?! Standing tucks are the best! Love them so much.

Whattt?! Standing tucks are the best! Love them so much.
Noooooo..... I have it but I can't do it without a coach standing there. 2 years ago I did it myself on a mat and sprained my ankle really bad and now it's like I know I can do it but with no coach there I can't make my feet come off the ground. It just doesn't happen.
The thing is I'm pretty consistent. Once I get something, I have it, even when I never throw it like my roundoff backhandspring tuck. But i can still do it if someone tells me too. So I know once I get over it and throw it a couple times I'll be fine but it's just not happening? Grrrr

Noooooo..... I have it but I can't do it without a coach standing there. 2 years ago I did it myself on a mat and sprained my ankle really bad and now it's like I know I can do it but with no coach there I can't make my feet come off the ground. It just doesn't happen.
The thing is I'm pretty consistent. Once I get something, I have it, even when I never throw it like my roundoff backhandspring tuck. But i can still do it if someone tells me too. So I know once I get over it and throw it a couple times I'll be fine but it's just not happening? Grrrr

I feel ya, I had kind of the same problem with my round off back handspring tuck minus the ankle injury. I went for the tuck and somehow ended up on my back and couldn't do it again for three years. It was rough.

Omg how do cope when its in both feet, judging by my moms one foot it must be horrific. Can I ask how long you've had it? From reading up about it it says it could last a year. Strangely enough the doctor has advised against the shots of cortisone. Something about how its only temporary and he would rather treat it for the long run so he gave her anti inflammatory tablets but 3 weeks in theres no change.

To me, the cortisone shots were more painful than childbirth lol. The only thing that helped me was surgery.

Omg how do cope when its in both feet, judging by my moms one foot it must be horrific. Can I ask how long you've had it? From reading up about it it says it could last a year. Strangely enough the doctor has advised against the shots of cortisone. Something about how its only temporary and he would rather treat it for the long run so he gave her anti inflammatory tablets but 3 weeks in theres no change.
you cry a lot ;) I have been dealing with it for years actually. Not constantly, but off and on. I had it in both feet about 9 years ago or so. The thing with the shots is, if they don't hit the exact spot, it doesn't work. I was lucky. Since that point though, if it flares, I know how to combat it. Thankfully, it's never happened in both feet at the same time again.

I'm just saying if Beth and Darryl don't get together on WD I'm going to be upset. She better live after being captured and she better be reunited with Darryl before the season finale!!!

I'm just saying if Beth and Darryl don't get together on WD I'm going to be upset. She better live after being captured and she better be reunited with Darryl before the season finale!!!

Agreed! I was so upset when she or kidnapped :( I'm so emotionally invested in this show I've been watching since the beginning lol

I feel ya, I had kind of the same problem with my round off back handspring tuck minus the ankle injury. I went for the tuck and somehow ended up on my back and couldn't do it again for three years. It was rough.

Me with all tumbling...
Years ago I broke my foot doing a whip layout on a tumble track, the mat was pulled away from the edge of the track and I didn't realize it, did a ridiculously fast and hollow layout on top of that, swung under the track, and somehow broke my foot. I refuse to tumble now. I've competed standing/jumps to tuck, but I have always had a ridiculous fear of standing tumbling anyway so I just suck.

Since I'm in the strangest mood tonight I thought I'd share the song that is basically keeping me sane and preventing me from over thinking everything.
It's one of my favourite songs of all time.

Me with all tumbling...
Years ago I broke my foot doing a whip layout on a tumble track, the mat was pulled away from the edge of the track and I didn't realize it, did a ridiculously fast and hollow layout on top of that, swung under the track, and somehow broke my foot. I refuse to tumble now. I've competed standing/jumps to tuck, but I have always had a ridiculous fear of standing tumbling anyway so I just suck.
Ooo that sounds painful. I doubt you just suck!

Ooo that sounds painful. I doubt you just suck!

It was painful. I think I was 15 at the time, and my mom refused to take me to the hospital (I was apparently just a growing boy in a difficult, physically demanding sport, my body would obviously hurt!) regardless of my foot being turned in, black the second I got out from under the trampoline, and I couldn't walk for 5 days, so it's never really healed properly and it scares me to punch off of it. Maybe once I lose the 45 pounds I gained after that happened I'll get some tumbling back!

Latest posts

Back