OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I watched about 30 minutes of the VMAs and I can say with a certainty those young people sickened me to the depth of my soul and will be banned from my house.:mad:
Several things that sickened me -
1st- That Miley Cyrus BS, she pushed some dude on stage and had him pick up her award-It felt so phony and fake with the dry tears on her part- Listen Miley, just go up there and pick up your award and do the usual thanking God for allowing you to get on a wrecking ball butt-naked singing, OK!... :(

2nd part that really sickened me and I just turned the channel and gave up watching the program - Why do these young women think they must be so scandalous and over the top sexual when they perform. Is this the only way they think that people will listen to their music by wearing next to nothing on the stage and dance like strippers, nasty! I turned the channel when Nicki Minaj was on stage performing simulated sex and practically masturbating on stage singing about an Anaconda...Yuck! I lost every respect for Nicki Minaj and will ban her music from ever being played in my house and car... Clean up your act!:jawdrop:

Last edited:
I watched about 30 minutes of the VMAs and I can say with a certainty those young people sickened me to the depth of my soul and will be banned from my house.:mad:
Several things that sickened me - 1st- That Miley Cyrus BS, she pushed some dude on stage and had him pick up her award-It felt so phony and fake - Just go up there and pick up your award and do the usual thanking God for allowing you to get on a wrecking ball butt-naked singing... :(
2nd part that really sickened me and I just turned the channel and gave up watching the program - Why do these young women think they must be so scandalous and over the top sexual when they perform. Is this the only way they think that people will listen to their music by wearing next to nothing on the stage and dance like strippers, nasty! I turned the channel when Nicki Minaj was on stage performing simulated sex and practically masturbating on stage singing about an Anaconda...Yuck! I lost every respect for Nicki Minaj and will ban her music from ever being played in my house and car... Clean up your act!:jawdrop:
The funniest part about it is that she doesn't naturally have the asset she raps about in the song.... if I were Sir Mix-A-Lot I would be so embarrassed (then again, this is making him richer).

Of course, her music will continue to sell because she's (supposedly) attractive. Disgusting. I say we backtrack to the 90s when female artists didn't always feel as though they had to be hypersexual.

Last edited:
1st- That Miley Cyrus BS, she pushed some dude on stage and had him pick up her award-It felt so phony and fake with the dry tears on her part- Listen Miley, just go up there and pick up your award and do the usual thanking God for allowing you to get on a wrecking ball butt-naked singing, OK!... :(

Speaking of Nicki Minaj and Anaconda, I watched the video of it today. Hells Bells. If you thought the VMA performance was bad.... Don't watch it the video.

As someone who read the majority of the books and is only 18, I feel the same way. I can't hang with the show and have gotten to the point where the books have jumped the shark.

I've read all of the books up until the one after the cruise and I gave up and was like...I'm too old for this

I honestly think I need to cut ties with the show as well. I literally only follow the premiers and the finales. Everything in the middle is a blur.

I sit down to watch episodes and end up on my phone---and I miss everything

:

Miley Cyrus could not have squeeze out an authentic tear during his speech even if they'd stuck her head in a juicer.

To top it off, homeboy has a warrant out for his arrest, so now the police are looking for him.

As for Nicki Minaj she's vulgar. Her butt is fake as the day is long. And if I cared I'd be offended by her --------- skinny girls crack, but it's nicki minaj, so I can't care too much b

Does anyone else have local resell groups on their Facebook?
I do and anyone can post stuff to sell. It's like a bigger version of a garage sale but a smaller version of eBay.
There's one for my area and most people post legit stuff. But there's this one lady that constantly posts brand name, high end items that have never been used/worn etc. I suppose she could just have a shopping problem. But I have to wonder if she's getting a 5 finger discount with the sheer amount of stuff she posts. Does that sound fishy to anyone else? I just find it really odd to have so many expensive things (often more than one of the same thing) for sale. I don't think she's selling items like a vendor would because her posts have things like "smoke free home" included.

I know I'm tardy to the party on this one, but we had a woman appear suddenly on our neighborhood blog selling Coach, Gucci, Baby Phat, Oakley, and quite a few more brands that were "new, never worn merchandise with tags". They were counterfeits and several of us would ask directly if she was selling counterfeit merchandise and she would never answer our question directly. Someone knew a neighbor of hers and the neighbor said her husband went to China on business and would ship this stuff back to her and he would only pay $5-10 US for a counterfeit purse that Gucci would sell for $2000 and she would turn around and sell it for $300. My neighbor purchased several items for her teenage daughters and I have to say they were extremely well done on the surface, but fit and wear were horrible. Here's my beef with selling this stuff #1, it's illegal, but if that doesn't bother someone then, #2, they have to sell that merchandise under the impression that it is real or get arrested and shut down, so they have to bold face lie to the people they sell it to and I have a big issue with that. If you are able to, ask her directly, publically on FB, if her merchandise is real or counterfeit. My guess is she will never answer or will tell you, "it is brand new, never used, Gucci, with tags"......

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was uber disappointed/uncomfortable with the VMAs. All of it was a mess, it looked like it was thrown together the night before. Miley's deal gave me secondhand embarrassment, they started talking about ferguson but didn't really go into detail, just mentioned it (apparently they went to ferguson and shot video and interviewed the people living there to raise awareness but never ended up showing it?), and the random seven second Robin Williams tribute seemed really out of place. I didn't like one single performance that I watched, even Beyoncés. I'm not a fan of the mainstream music anymore though. Almost all of it sucks and doesn't sound real. And it's all about sex and I'm over it. It's all terrible. Also, what's with Lorde winning in the rock category????? I'm tired of seeing Taylor Swift every five seconds too. The whole thing was very lack luster and probably the worst VMA's I've ever seen.

Youngest cp and I were talking about music videos yesterday and all I have to say is it is cheaper to put women in little or next to nothing and have them shock you on the screen to distract you from their lack of talent. I'm just really disgusted anymore with the majority of what they crank out as "talent" and "entertainment". I feel as though I am constantly discussing what the entertainment industry has made sex out to be vs what is reality with my girls and God bless those poor kids whose parents don't talk about sex. I read an article about Eminem concerned about a boy dating his daughter raised on his music. Yea, me too, Eminem, but I worry for all of our daughter's, you worthless piece of ....

I didn't get the Robin Williams "tribute". I wasn't opposed to it by any means it just seemed random.

He wasn't a musical artist let alone a "MTV" artist to my knowledge, so it seemed out of place at the VMAs. The Movie awards sure but VMAs. There also wasn't an in memorium for anyone else. But aside from Casey Kasem dying I can't really recall anyone in the music industry dying in the last 12 months so maybe that's why we got the Robin

I didn't get the Robin Williams "tribute". I wasn't opposed to it by any means it just seemed random.

He wasn't a musical artist let alone a "MTV" artist to my knowledge, so it seemed out of place at the VMAs. The Movie awards sure but VMAs. There also wasn't an in memorium for anyone else. But aside from Casey Kasem dying I can't really recall anyone in the music industry dying in the last 12 months so maybe that's why we got the Robin
There were quite a few musical people who died this year one that immediately came to mind was a member of the Ramones - one of the brothers. I brb to list more, but I think the Emmys did a better a job in celebrating everyone who died lives. I must say...

Here is the list of notable deaths -
Frankie Knuckles - King of House Music
Dave Brocker - Rocker
Pete Seeger - Folk Singer
Phil Everly - Singer from the Everly Brother
Ray Price - Country Singer
Lou Reed - Legendary Rock Guitarist

Serious note: This kind of remind me sadly when Farrah Fawcett had died on June 25, 2009 in the morning and all on TV they were flashing images of her, movies and TV programs, etc... and later that day in the afternoon, Michael Jackson died and we heard nothing but his story for days, months and years after... It is sad even in death, you can be upstage and forgotten... This happen again, everybody were so amp to do a memoriam about Robin Williams that all these people who unfortunately died were upstage and forgotten...

Last edited:
There were quite a few musical people who died this year one that immediately came to mind was a member of the Ramones - one of the brothers. I brb to list more, but I think the Emmys did a better a job in celebrating everyone who died lives. I must say...

Here is the list of notable deaths -
Frankie Knuckles - King of House Music
Dave Brocker - Rocker
Pete Seeger - Folk Singer
Phil Everly - Singer from the Everly Brother
Ray Price - Country Singer
Lou Reed - Legendary Rock Guitarist

Serious note: This kind of remind me sadly when Farrah Fawcett had died on June 25, 2009 in the morning and all on TV they were flashing images of her, movies and TV programs, etc... and later that day in the afternoon, Michael Jackson died and we heard nothing but his story for days, months and years after... It is sad even in death, you can be upstage and forgotten... This happen again, everybody were so amp to do a memoriam about Robin Williams that all these people who unfortunately died were upstage and forgotten...

Side note. I went to Michael Jackson's memorial in LA. The one that was on TV.

Ed McMahon and the Oxy Clean guy (Billy Mays) also died that week.

I've always felt like the Guv'na of SC was thankful for both of their deaths (Farrah and MJ) because in the 24 hours before the only news in SC was about our AWOL governor on the Appalachian Trail that really turned out to be with his mistress in South America.

The funniest part about it is that she doesn't naturally have the asset she raps about in the song.... if I were Sir Mix-A-Lot I would be so embarrassed (then again, this is making him richer).

Of course, her music will continue to sell because she's (supposedly) attractive. Disgusting. I say we backtrack to the 90s when female artists didn't always feel as though they had to be hypersexual.
No we need to backtrack to the age when people got banned... I remember growing up acts like this would never even make it on TV and my Grandparents & Parents generations were quick to censor anything and everything that went over and above the indecency radar. Unfortunately, these acts are the role models and representation our children are following, I will not allow any talentless b****es to sullied my daughter self-esteem and image of herself, it is already hard for our young women with getting some RESPECT (which Aretha Franklin sang so powerfully) out in this world...

All I ask is these talentless b*****es, and I hate to call another woman this word, but you earned the terminology - Put some clothes on and sing, if you can... That's All I am asking!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back