OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think you are dead wrong about the rhetoric. The media doesn't just report what's happening, and I cannot believe anyone in this day and age can truly believe that every media outlet isn't pushing their own agenda, that being ratings and money for them. They are reporting what sells and gets viewership. Currently that is trashing police. The rhetoric in EVERY police involved shooting of a minority I have seen reported in recent years has ALWAYS immediately been that the cop is at fault and racially motivated until proven otherwise.

I don't think you get my point with the paperwork. No cop wants to go through an internal affairs review, which happens for every officer involved shooting. It is months of agony. Constant questioning and paperwork. Just waiting for them to slip up so they can be crucified in the media and the department can be praised for "doing the right thing". No cop wants to put themselves through that, so WHY would they shoot someone just because? The answer is that 99% of them wouldn't and there is something wrong with the tiny group that would.
I don't wish to continue this conversation with you. I don't need a media outlet to tell me what I've seen through my own eyes.

A lot of the lives that have been lost due to police brutality start with scenarios very similar to this a lot of people of color are apprehensive when it comes to law enforcement. A couple of months ago I was stopped by an officer while driving immediately started panicking and called my mother and put the phone down on the dash so she could everything in hope that if something were to happen there would be a trail of some kind because I know the rhetoric that the mainstream media would try to use.In the circumstance I were to be stopped again I'll most likely do the same and tell my children to the same.
I don't know. Don't break the law when driving then, I know it's difficult for a lot of people these days regardless of race.
My best friend is a woman of color, she has numerous driving fractions, cause the girl can't drive for crap, although I love her to death. But guess what she's never had issues with cops, because she doesn't have an issue with being polite and cooperative.
And that's the issue I see anytime I see these dashcam videos regardless of race. People flipping out and arguing the minute they roll down the window. You break a law and get caught you get the fine, if you don't agree with it take it to court, arguing with a cop is never going to help anyone get out of a ticket regardless of how stupid the ticket is.
Over reacting is typically what gets people into worse situations then they were to begin with.

A lot of the lives that have been lost due to police brutality start with scenarios very similar to this a lot of people of color are apprehensive when it comes to law enforcement. A couple of months ago I was stopped by an officer while driving immediately started panicking and called my mother and put the phone down on the dash so she could everything in hope that if something were to happen there would be a trail of some kind because I know the rhetoric that the mainstream media would try to use.In the circumstance I were to be stopped again I'll most likely do the same and tell my children to the same.

A few months ago my husband and I witnessed a traffic stop that just didn't look right to me. The police officer's face was beet red, the woman was sobbing uncontrollable and you could see she had kids with her. I don't know why she was stopped but something was off and I refused to just drive away. I told him to turn around and I pulled out my phone. The cop was smart enough not to approach me, but the situation quickly deescalated and I don't even think he wrote her a ticket for whatever the issue was. I turned the video in to their chief and while I don't know what happened after that, I do know that for the first time in my entire life, I was actually fearful of what I'd see on the evening news.

Just waiting for them to slip up so they can be crucified in the media and the department can be praised for "doing the right thing". No cop wants to put themselves through that, so WHY would they shoot someone just because? The answer is that 99% of them wouldn't and there is something wrong with the tiny group that would.

Logic and common sense go out the window in high adrenaline situation.

Take the case out of South Florida, when the man asked why he was shot (while trying to protect a disabled adult with a toy train) it was reported that he immediately said, "I don't know." It was later amended to, "I wasn't aiming at you." Not that either answer was acceptable, but the cop overreacted in a situation where force wasn't warranted.

No cop wants an IA review, but guess what, most people don't react with logic or reason when their blood is pumping and their heart is beating out of control either.

A few months ago my husband and I witnessed a traffic stop that just didn't look right to me. The police officer's face was beet red, the woman was sobbing uncontrollable and you could see she had kids with her. I don't know why she was stopped but something was off and I refused to just drive away. I told him to turn around and I pulled out my phone. The cop was smart enough not to approach me, but the situation quickly deescalated and I don't even think he wrote her a ticket for whatever the issue was. I turned the video in to their chief and while I don't know what happened after that, I do know that for the first time in my entire life, I was actually fearful of what I'd see on the evening news.

Logic and common sense go out the window in high adrenaline situation.

Take the case out of South Florida, when the man asked why he was shot (while trying to protect a disabled adult with a toy train) it was reported that he immediately said, "I don't know." It was later amended to, "I wasn't aiming at you." Not that either answer was acceptable, but the cop overreacted in a situation where force wasn't warranted.

No cop wants an IA review, but guess what, most people don't react with logic or reason when their blood is pumping and their heart is beating out of control either.
You were right to intervene, and yes no human being is perfect, but these are 2 out of MILLIONS of interactions cops have with the public every year. Does every cop do it perfectly, no. Do cops make horrible mistakes, yes. Do some cops even act maliciously? yes. But does that mean you should assume they are out to kill you? Definitely not. That's like refusing to send your kid to school because a teacher was once convicted of molesting a student, or refusing to get in a car because you know someone who was killed in a car accident. I am not arguing that all cops are always in the right. I have experienced one that was an arrogant booty and tired to push me around, but I don't assume that is every officer I meet.

Cops have been trained to handle high adrenaline situations. If it was done properly they shouldn't be just abandoning all reason. Our local news station recently did an in depth report on the training cops go through with regards to when an how to draw and fire a weapon. They actually participated in the same simulations cops did, with the assumption that they would easily do as well. They failed miserably. They got to see what it was like to be in a situation where you have to make the decision to shoot someone or let them shoot you. Where you have to decide in seconds who is a threat and who is not. It isn't easy. Several times the reporters made the wrong decision and shot the wrong people. Police officers are trained NOT to let logic and common sense go out the window, and how to quickly identify if threat exists and neutralize it. Departments work hard to make sure they always get it right, but sadly human beings aren't perfect and sometimes even a good cop with good intent can make a mistake.

Anyone C this? How many more divisions do we need?
33916977eeca20f7342695f0f88e3935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 kids on the floor just sounds irresponsible, I know its only 2 more but 38 sounds like a fire hazard.

*edited

Last edited:
So will the team size stay the same? and I don't get the difference between Extra small and small if the size stays the same and only # of males on the team.

I'd judge you, but I'm the person who ended up watching a video of Nicole Scherzinger and Andrea Bocelli singing Don't Cry for Me Argentina in Spanish.
And then there's the video of the final performance of I'm Here from the Color Purple. Never cried while watching that....Nope.

It's fun falling down youtube rabbit holes.
Especially the kideo/old kids' show rabbit holes. Have you seen the kazoo kid?

I'd judge you, but I'm the person who ended up watching a video of Nicole Scherzinger and Andrea Bocelli singing Don't Cry for Me Argentina in Spanish.
And then there's the video of the final performance of I'm Here from the Color Purple. Never cried while watching that....Nope.

It's fun falling down youtube rabbit holes.

My youtube page is a mess. It's half General Hospital, The Sims Let's Plays, best of videos of any Pop Diva. Then randomly I'll get a Cinema Sins video or Abandoned video.

Mine's a mix of Broadway shows, music, gymnastics, and the occasional Dance Moms or hockey related videos. I'm kind of surprised more Disney stuff hasn't popped up, 'cause I've been searching for videos of Lea Salonga in Fun Home.
(The 'who to follow' section on Twitter is more uniform. Thanks to yesterday and the 20th, it's always either hockey players or team accounts.)

I get the occasional NBA video on my list too. Twitter is a mix because literally everyone from my hometown has Twitter, and then all Twitter's from my school.

Back